Thread: Firefox not allowing to download music files

Firefox not allowing to download music files

I've tried to download music files from firefox and it's not even responding. Also, tried different kind of files and they are downloading and the problem seems to be only with music files

Tried the same via IE9 and the files downloaded and I can't find that under the folder which I've assigned. But, it starts to play music automatically after download via the default player.

Please note: I got an error message that VLC Multi-media plugin addon was not installed.. But that was already installed and updated ( firefox )

Any suggestions friends..

Re: Firefox not allowing to download music files

Try to Reset the download folder on firefox and after that your able to download the music files. To Reset the download folder you need to go through the below steps: launch the Firefox and on location Bar type: about:config and after that click on enter. Now you will get the warning page and under that select the I'll be careful, I promise!. Now here you will get the different setting page and under that there option of filter on the top and under that type: browser.download and after that click the enter. Now you will get the browser.download and after that make right click on the every key and then select the reset. Once you finish and then try to download the music file.

no..it's still not working and finally I've tried to reset IE 9 and IE started working now.

Thank for your reply... actually I've tried to uninstall and reinstall firefox and it's now downloading....

Took backup of all the bookmark and saved password via Mozbackup software and now it's working great..

Thanks buddy