Thread: unable to open web pages using rmm3 module

unable to open web pages using rmm3 module

I have purchased the new rmm3 module one month ago. I am the user of server of 1690 series from last one year. The working of the new rrm3 is fine till last week but after that I faced some serious problem. the rmm3 IP ping well and I also unable to connect through SSH but I cannot open the web page. In order to make rmm3 unable I have to disconnect the Power cord but this is not usable to me. So I replace my RRM3 module from my distributer and then update my BIOS also but the problem remains same. I unable to open web pages after sometime again. Can anyone give me some suggestion for solving this problem? please help me.

Re: unable to open web pages using rmm3 module

I read your problem and I come to know that you have a problem related to hard ware only. I can give you some suggestions for that. But I am not sure that work for your system or not. For that first you have to double click on the IP address on the BMC and if it’s same as the RMM3 then only you have get that weird timeouts when the DHCP leases expires. But this methods is applicable only to the DHCP users. So if you have the DHCP then you can try this option and can solve your problem easily.

I think you did not mention the proper description or configuration of your system. That’s why I cannot get the proper idea about your problem. but here I am giving you some general instructions for you. I want to ask you that was there any particular error occurs when you are trying to access via web browser. Or Is LAN channel 1 configured for an IP as well as the RMM3 NIC or you can say LAN channel 3. If the answer is Yes then they unable to sit on the same subnet. So you can place them either separately or you can unconfigure LAN channel one.

After reading your problem I want to give you some suggestion or in other words some information about this problem. every RMM3 has a different MAC address and IP address than operating system and also has BMC LAN channel 1. So by the use of that you can view or modify that in your BIOS. Or you can also want to apply BMC firmware again because it will also update the RMM3 firmware. I think this much of information is enough for you to solve your problem. thank you.

I want to give you some advice about the problem. but I will not give you the guarantee about the result because you did not mention the proper configuration of your hardware and the software system. Here I give you some suggestion. First you have to check the which version you are using for the BMC firmware. Then you have to check that have you any response from ping or not. And at lat you have to make out that Is there any firewall between the RMM3 and your client? And please don’t try to get direct connection to the RMM3. By checking and correcting these things you can get the proper idea about the reason of the error. Then you can solve the problem easily.

I also had the same problem sometime before and I solve that using some tricks. And I am giving you that tricks. But your configuration may or may not be same as mine. So I cannot give you 100% guarantee about that. But you can try it at once. First you have to check is SSH works properly or not,. Then you can check the web connection also. If that fails then the problem will be solved by running a network trace. And then you will see what package is going on and what is coming back. Then you have to try to narrow it down. So you will get the idea about the issue in the client side or RMM side.

I think you have to take the help of your engineer to solve this kind of problem. because some time it happens that you going to so something and do something else. So this is the better idea for you. Because I think you don’t have the proper idea about your system. You mentioned that you have purchased a new system so I think you get the warrantee on your parts so you can check out for the replacement also. This is the best and cost efficient way to solve your problem. so go for it.