Thread: Unable to watch movies on Netflix after firmware update

Unable to watch movies on Netflix after firmware update

Just few days back I had updated my computer with the latest firmware. And just after that I am not able to watch any movies on Netflix. It is giving me an error message saying that "Netflix can't be watched instantly at this time. Please try again later." It was the latest firmware that I had upgraded. I tried many a times to stream movies on Netflix but nothing happened, and it isn’t working. What do I do? Can anyone suggest me something?

Re: Unable to watch movies on Netflix after firmware update

Tell me what the error number is. Same thing I had also faced just after updating the firmware. If you find error while watching streaming movie from Netflix then you need to Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight and then you need to attempt playing Netflix streaming movie, it will mechanically install Silverlight. I had this problem and I solved it by doing these instructions from Netflix consumer support. So you have to do this once to get out from your problem.

What firmware were you updating please mention that also so that people in the forum can give more suggestions to you. As you are having issues with Netflix streaming, try adding *.Netflix as a trusted site in tools and then Internet options after that Security. Also you know that the error is occurred from the Silverlight add-on being utilized through the Internet Explorer And Silverlight has its own community to solve issues as well as errors that is able to take place. you can try this . all the best

I would suggest you to reboot your system. After reboot you have to reload silverlight from Microsoft website as well as after that install. You will find silverlight in Google also. I will say that try googling and many searches will appear for you. Download and install silverlight again. After installation, restart your computer. Try this out this may solve your issue. I hope this suggestion helps you

On which platform are you using Netflix I mean to ask is what internet you use? Make sure that the internet connection is working properly. Why don’t you update the firmware again? May be it will solve the problem of watching movies on the Netflix. There could be some problem with the firmware installed. Try installing again. Remember Google TV (all platforms) doesn't currently support 5.1 for Netflix. I hope suggestions prove valuable to you.

Well I will say that can also try using Firefox. I hope you can watch and stream videos properly in that also. I recommend you to check the internet connection first. Many a times the streaming problem might be occurring because of the internet connection. Check whether the web site programs are streaming on the browser normally or not. Along with this also make sure that the windows media center is working perfectly. If you did not found any such problem in the internet connection or in the media center then try with the other websites for the confirmation whether the problem is in the web site or not.

You can try this one but I am not sure. Try changing your dns settings to 008.008.008.008. This ip address is of the google’s dns server. Now go to the network settings, right click on the lan, select properties, highlight TCP/IP, then again try to click on the properties option. There checkmark use following dns server addresses and enter above into box. I hope this method works. Now you can refresh and try watching movies. I am not sure whether this work.