Thread: Low SNR Conundrum with my Airtel broadband service?

Low SNR Conundrum with my Airtel broadband service?

Guys having a connection for more than a minute to my airtel broadband is just next to impossible and I am completely out of mind with this can anyone tell me what is the reason for the low SNR and how this can be solved I need a good discussion about this and want some god stuff that can let me know what actually is letting me face this problem? Has anyone faced this problem before expertise wake up and help me?

re: Low SNR Conundrum with my Airtel broadband service?

Are you sure that this is an SNR problem, I would give you some symptoms of it and then you can be sure and then search for a solution for it,
    Obviously the first thing you will probably notice is that you will not be able to navigate, etc. If you look at your router / modem adsl light flashes green, instead of a green light you get when the modem is synchronized with the exchange. Some routers provide records indicating when synchronization is lost my router are as follows: -

Date / Time: MAJOR ALARM: ATM Interface Down: Interface - atm-0
    Date / Time: MAJOR ALARM: DSL Interface Down
    Other symptoms of low SNR a lot of HEC and CRC errors in the router log.
    Disconnects can be very random, you can get several at once, you can get only at night, you can go through an attack of disconnects and then days / weeks before coming over. - Everything depends on the severity of your problem.

SNR can vary from an hour to hour, is not only affected by the speed of your connection, but there are other things that can reduce the SNR. Heat can cause a long list to expand. Wet weather in a connection somewhere might cause moisture and deterioration of the signal. Even the lighting and flashing lights of the Christmas tree has been known to affect the SNR. The router or modem can hear the signal change or min. If you can not "hear" or, to put it correctly, you can not sync with exchange, then your ADSL connection is lost and is said to have "lost synchronization".

Just to add my Netgear DG834v2 Bob does the same thing - gradual decline until resynchronization SNR. The Vigor 2600G I have now remains solid as a rock between 11 and 12 dB SNR all the time. This also suggests that the netgear has trouble detecting the correct SNR and when it goes wrong and falls short of what it thinks is an unacceptable level, which requires a resynchronization, often at a higher clock rate and the value of SNR.

Friend I have a better solution for you and I am sure that either one of this would surely help you out of this and you would never have this problem again its just some easy steps to follow and get rid of the problem, well with the help of the above posters I think now you know what actually snr is and why do you face it, ok so now you need to dial "1" for the tone stops and listens quietly to see if you cannot hear any noise. Now the other thing what you can do is just Install NTE5 master socket faceplate you can easily find it out in the market and get it done for sure best of luck and hope you get rid of the problem sooner.

The drop in SNR is caused by an explosion of noise on the line. It could be anything from the change in the blender for someone with a faulty spark plug lead on the wire to the ground. All I could do to try to replace the cable at home with something more tolerant to noise, but this will not help if the noise if it comes from other software. And this is the how you can note down that you have been facing the problem SNR problem hope it helps a bit in knowing what it is.

Re: Low SNR Conundrum with my Airtel broadband service?

It is also very worthwhile to check and compare your stats online to those taken from the outlet of the test behind the main telephone line. Simply remove the 2 screws on the faceplate and you'll see a test shot in the lower RH. If you get a better SNR margin or higher sync speed of taking the test, then you definitely should consider buying a NTE5 adsl faceplate. The faceplate NTE5 from the mains is something you can buy and fit you. It divides his voice and ADSL data at the point of entry to your property and provides the most effective filter faceplate an adsl available. Fitting denied the need for separate filters in your home.

Re: Low SNR Conundrum with my Airtel broadband service?

To rewire the internal phone wiring with Category 5 cable and can help reduce interference between the tip from the mains and the ISPs extension.Several in recent times seem to be claiming that BT no longer offer lines Fixed Rate. This is not entirely true and are still available from BT Wholesale, but are more expensive for the ISP that "up to 8MB" products. In this case you should be able to ask for something called Maximum ceiling profile.