Thread: How to get a New Tab Homepage in Firefox 6.0 Beta

How to get a New Tab Homepage in Firefox 6.0 Beta

I have been using the Firefox 5.0 from past several months. I have well known about several features in this version of Firefox. The one well-needed feature I liked in Firefox is making every new tab as Homepage. It can be easily done in older version of Firefox. Now I have updated to Firefox 6.0 beta. Does anybody know how to make this thing here? I have looked over several options but I couldn’t able to find anywhere.

Re: How to get a New Tab Homepage in Firefox 6.0 Beta

You can open a new tab by going to the File menu -> New Tab otherwise Ctrl + T with your keyboard. To open a link within a new tab, right click on top of it and select "Open in New Tab," or just middle click the link on Windows. For New tab Homepage Go all the way through Tools -> Options -> Extensions toward the settings of TBE. Put it in the first screen Use the Preferences option expert (am not sure if needed, but it is always handy). Go to Advanced and select to use any Open link in new tab or Open All which refer to other site links in new tab.

Looking for Firefox tricks? If we open a new tab in Firefox by default will get a blank page, and maybe we want to leave our homepage to make that possible, we only need one click. We just have to click the middle button, the wheel of your mouse on the icon of the house, next to the address bar and ready, it will immediately open a new tab on our home page, ready for searches or what we want. What is your current homepage?

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins. It will open a window in which you'll see Extensions, Themes and Plugins. There you need to find a particular extension regarding the tabs and that extension might be capable to open the page in a new tab. Otherwise You have to go to tools / options / and on the General tab put the URL of the page of your choice an option and so every time you open this new tab you will get HOMEPAGE. If you still didn’t able to find the answer for this, then open the Help fine from the browser HELP menu and look for the solution there.

For your issue I think that you need to download a extension for Firfox called NewTabURL 2.2.2. I hope that this extension is compatible with new version. After downloading and installing this plug-in you can choose default URL while fresh tabs are opened: "Blank page", "Home page", "Current page" otherwise a user defined URL. It works like a smooth wave. If this extension is not compatible with this new version of Firefox then there might be a other extension which may work similar to NewTabURL.

This does accurately what I would like it to and the opening of urls within the clipboard is a pleasant touch as well. My only grievance is the option of default options are precisely what i employ this extension to find away from, i.e. blank page as well as focus on url bar. Alright I was assuming if there is various method of setting a new tab to forward toward my homepage in FF5 devoid of the use of TabMixPlus or any other extension?

I used to make use of each and every one kind of tabbed browsing extensions through all types of features. Gradually, while Firefox matured, I originate myself needing less and less of these aspects, until I lastly condensed myself down to just single; automatically going toward my homepage while new tabs opened. At the moment that I formed New Tab Homepage, this was merely obtainable all the way through fairly huge extensions, therefore I merely formed a standalone extension meant for the work and have been utilizing it ever was. I've not at all unstated why this trait hasn't prepared it into Firefox, except I'm somewhat happy to stay maintaining this extension since I have been in support of years.