Thread: Is spoofing a MAC ID an illegal task in India?

Is spoofing a MAC ID an illegal task in India?

Hey guys going through a real tuff situation and I need help from some who really knows about this and about the cyber law in India please help me suggest me something which can help me out? Please I want ot get rid of this situation? The problem is my friends were dealing with the STAR Local Broadband and which use to get the bandwidth from the pacenet and some of guys around him asked him to use his pc and my friend gave it to them and then they did something and gave it back to my friend and suddenly the STAR Local Broadband came to his house and started threaten him and took away his laptop and now asking for 1500o rs and they said that he has spoofed the MAC id and been getting a high speed internet but the problem has been done when his neighbor used his pc for sometime and he is been dealing with some network studies now what to do please help me ?

Re: Is spoofing a MAC ID an illegal task in India?

Well my friend this is an illegal process off course but I will say that if they have been doing this in once then they are doing wrong with that I mean if they haven’t given any warning before taking away the laptop then this is wrong you can ask him to be back and you would never do this again and I think the problem would be solved you need to talk kindly with them because your friend is wrong this time he might have been beside his friend when he was doing something.

Yap dear this is an illegal step because if you are taking away more bandwidth then what you are paying for then definitely it would be counted in cheating and india or anywhere in the world cheating can be a case so this time you have been in wrong hands so I think you need to talk to them and find some solution to get rid if you have someone with good power who can ask them to forgive you once you have been dealing with a big company and if you try to fight with them they will make ways to bind you up into it more so try to get out of it politely.

If this would have been legal I don’t think the other guys who have not been dealing with the networking would have got to use the internet with a good speed because all the networking guys would have trapped it and enjoyed it and the other guys would have been suffering so off course this is an illegal task and now you can do one thing that you can tell them that you were just learning it from internet and while in that process you did it and now you are sorry for that and you are sure you would be never involved in such cases that it may be this would solve your problem best of luck.

You can take your friends neighbor to them and tell them that this was the guy who is been studying in networking and he did this I haven’t done it this is tuff that they would be believing you if he ignores or denies that because you don’t have any proof against him so you need to deal it with yourself either pay the money or forget the laptop or tell them that it was the first and the last mistake that you have done and definitely this would solve your problem.

Yes It is an punishable act and this would cause you into great trouble so i think you need to have a good plan over it to solve it out, i have heard many cases which has lead such guys either to a heavy charge or by prison in for some days, not only in India but this has been an offensive act all over the world i suppose because some days ago i have heard about the china case where such people has been caught and they were imprisoned so i would be saying either an payment or an tough apology would be the best way to get rid of this.

When computers are connected in a network, a network card or wireless network card is normally used. Each network card or wireless network card has a Media Access Control used to distinguish them. The MAC address is a series of 12 characters usually in the form of 12 digits and burned in the hardware of a network card. The first 6 characters distinguish the company made the card and the rest are unique to identify the card. This is in accordance with IEEE standards. MAC address spoofing refers to someone to change their MAC address to look like the other network card for several reasons .

I would only say that this is a big problem you have been dealing with and now there are very little things what you can do to get rid of it and the above posters have cleared it so try doing what they have been saying and i am sure you will get rid of the problem because they are the only problem to solve the situation either give the payment what they are saying or ask them for last chance for your mistake or use some good power which you have.