Thread: Airtel modem password changed without Permission?

Airtel modem password changed without Permission?

Hello friends I have been really upset with these guys I don’t know why but when i had a problem with the airtel modem I just call up a technician and he repaired it and just changed the password of the modem and bugged me off when I was trying to log in to change the mode from ADSL2+ to GMT in DSL settings for getting lower latency in gaming servers I was just unable to do this, it has been a real frustrating time I don’t know why they do this do anyone has any idea about it?

Re: Airtel modem password changed without Permission?

Hello friend just don’t worry this has been a problem with some of us but don’t worry this would be solved in the manner I have solved my problem and hopefully you would be able to enjoy it again I would be asking you to login with some stuffs you try them out and I hope it would be surely solving up your problem so best of luck and hope you get rid of the problem. Just try these credentials to log in
    support/password
    support/support
    user/password
    user/user

Do you think this is the problem only with you and some of the people? But actually that’s not the case they have been doing this for all of the user may be for their security reason or so can’t be sure with it I need to contact to the service center and ask them what the reason is , I don’t think this would be done constantly they must suffering with some problem and that must be the reason they have been doing this just ask them again by calling them and don’t get frustrated this is not a big problem.

Well you don’t need to think that the technician entered you house did changed this nope this was changed by their side and from there itself I know this because I have also faced this problem and non of them entered my house then how my password got changed they have changed it for everyone don’t worry and this would be solved just ask them once and they won’t be doing it much I think the above poster is right there must be some problem with their security.

I have a solution for this, but after you ask them the password for now you need to call them up and ask them for the password and once you got it just login the first time and them once you get the access just login and then disable the remote access this would solve your problem for sure, so best of luck try this one out and enjoy the airtel broadband network. Or even you can find the option saying Access control that would also do just try to change it best of luck.

Well this is not actually done by the technicians coming to repair the net i think this is done to every user and it has been done by the ISP and they have been doing this form their centers and this is done because of certain security reasons and it would be some problem with them because of which they have been doing this so they would be solving it out sooner dont worry once contact them and get the access and then i dont think they would be doing this again and again.

i did contacted with them and got the solution i got to hear the same from them to and so i think you all were right and now i don't have any problem they said they wont be changing it as far as possible, so really thanks a lot to have a proper discussion and that lead me to find the solution so i would be really appreciating all the reply s and thanking all of the posters.