Thread: Firefox 4.1 vs. Firefox 3.6

Firefox 4.1 vs. Firefox 3.6

Hi, I uses to use the firefox as a default browser for surfing the internet. And I have been using this browser since last two years so had used almost all the versions, and as the 4.1 came in to view I had download that as well, but as after using it, I haven’t seen that much difference in the browser and the interface in the both of the version. Or this might be possible that there Is a difference but I am not able to figure out, so if there is any I would be glad to know. Thanks.

Re: Firefox 4.1 vs. Firefox 3.6

I have the same opinion as yours, as I also didn’t recognize the major difference in both of the version, in fact I would say the newer one is quite slower than the previous one. so it would be good if you continue with the one you have. Yeah but still I can say that it is better than all other browsers such as IE, or the opera or whatever you concern. You can try on your own also and can share your experience.

I would say no, rather I am disagree with the above user as the browser is quite good then the previous one. you just need to have a proper internet connection that’s all. If suppose if you are running that browser with a dial up connection than obviously it would run slowly in fact it would be slower than the 3.6 as well. otherwise in 4.1 too many new add- ons are added that facilitate the different services.

The thing that I have noticed with the newer version is the downloading speed, as it is been increased in the newer version, not more but still its noticeable. So if you are the one who use to download the content from the internet then it would be the best browser for yourself. But the think that I have noticed in the newer version is like they haven’t added the refresh and page arrows --> <-- on the toolbar, isn’t it? or we have to manually add them?

I think we should consider the operating system as well for the browser, because I have heard that the 4.1 version works perfectly with the windows XP but not with the windows 7, so it might be possible that the software isn’t compatible with the windows 7. And it often crashes and stops other programs as well to run properly. So if you are satisfied with the previous version you should stick with that only.