Thread: No internet but have a connection

No internet but have a connection

I have my own Computer system at home. I also have an internet connection to my PC. Up to last week my internet connection is fine but after that I could not access the internet through my browser. The connection is available because other soft wares get access to the internet. Like Google Talk, Skype are fine with the connection.

Re: No internet but have a connection

I think you have problem with internet option setting in your computer. So check the internet option setting in your PC. For that follow these instructions- Click on Start button ->>Setting->>Control Panel ->>Internet Option. There must be slight change in that setting so set back it to the previous one. I think this might be worked. You can also change the setting from browser also by clicking on the browser’s tools menu.

This problem is occurred due to some Antivirus Software issue. Recently Avast and Norton had major issue regarding to this kind of problem. So try to uninstall the Antivirus software and restart your browser and see there is any problem while browsing or not. And check your pc for malware because malware also causes this type of problem.

There is another solution which can be use for this kind of problem. You have to boot your PC in Safe mode and start the browser .This might be worked and after that you booted back to normal to use internet through your browser.

This problem may be occur due to some firewall settings. Sometimes the firewall blocked some data from entering into your desktop so check your Firewall setting(you may have to switch off the firewall for sometime). In this way you can solve your problem. Hope this may be useful.