Thread: Hardware acceleration missing after installing Adobe Flash Player 11 beta

Hardware acceleration missing after installing Adobe Flash Player 11 beta

I have got 32 bit Linux and Windows XP installed in my system in dual mode. Yesterday night I downloaded and installed the new Adobe Flash Player 11 beta version for my Linux system. But then I have noticed that after installing the new Flash Player the hardware acceleration option is missing. Can anyone tell me what might have made the following issue with my device? Please help me in rectifying and solving the issue in my system. Any kind of help will be appreciated. i am using Internet Explorer web browser in my system.

Re: Hardware acceleration missing after installing Adobe Flash Player 11 beta

You have mentioned that you installed the beta version of the Adobe Flash Player 11. So, I would like to tell you that the beta releases are not the final release, and the beta version of any software or application always miss some or other feature from it. So, most probably you should wait for the Adobe officials to release the final version of the following Flash Player to get the issue resolved. Until then mostly you will have to stay with the issue.

I am assuming that you might have not installed the right Adobe Flash Player 11 in your system. Make sure that you have installed Windows XP version of the Flash player 11 in your Windows XP system and Linux version of Flash Player 11for your Linux Operating system. May be when you do this, you issue might be solved. I am not sure about this, but the suggestion is worth a try as many people tend to do the following mistake.

The Adobe Flash player 11 which you have installed in your computer might have got corrupted and that is why you are facing this issue with your system. So, I will recommend you to uninstall the Flash Player which you have currently installed in your system, and download the fresh setup file for your Flash Player 11 in your system and install it in your system. A corrupt file might be causing the problem with your computer system.

I would suggest you to try using some other Web browser and check out whether the problem still exists in your computer system or not. It might be possible that the issue is occurring only with the current web browser which you are using in your system. You can try out using Mozilla Firefox or Opera web browser. According to me the Mozilla Firefox is a very good web browser and it might help you solve the issue, Make sure that you are downloading and installing the web browser from the official website only.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the effort. I tried uninstalling and installing the new Adobe Flash Player 11 in my system many a times but still I am facing the same issue. But I have noticed that the issue does not exists when I tried the Mozilla Firefox web browser. But the problem is with Internet web browser only. Is there some compatibility issue between the new Flash Player and the Internet Explorer? Please help me resolving the issue.

According to me you should either wait for the Adobe official to solve the problem in their new update or else you can uninstall the following Flash Player from your system and get back the earlier verison of the Adobe Flash Player installed in your system. Make sure that you don't download it from some random web link and you download the setup file only form the official links and some trusted website.