Thread: Unable to remove Babylon homepage on web browser

Unable to remove Babylon homepage on web browser

I am running Windows XP on my computer and have installed Firefox browser along with Internet Explorer 8 on it. There is only 1 small issue that I am facing in my system. When ever I open any browser then its homepage is changed automatically to Babylon. Also, I dont know how did its toolbar got installed on this browser? Does anyone know how to get rid of Babylon toolbar from my pc? Thank you

Re: Unable to remove Babylon homepage on web browser

You will need to stop babylon.exe from starting when Windows starts and boots to the desktop. To do this, you need to do a clean boot in your system and for this, go to Start and then in run type msconfig. You will get System Config Utility where you need to click on Startup tab. In here you will have to search for babylon.exe and then uncheck its box and click apply and ok. After that restart your system and then check if the problem is solved or not.

First of all open Internet Explorer and then click on the cpg wheel at the top right side and choose Manage Add-ons. After that you will get the Toolbars and Extensions tab, just search for the Babylon toolbar that you need to delete. For Firefox, you need to open it and then click the menu bar and choose Add-ons. After that search for the Extensions and Plugin lists for any unwanted toolbars and then remove or disable that toolbar from the list.

To restore to the default homepage you need to open Firefox and then click on the Tools menu and select Options. After that go to General Panel and then in the Startup box, click Restore to Default. This way the Babylon homepage will be removed from the browser. To set a new home page, you need to open any website that you want and then click the icon to the left of the web address and then drag it to the Home Button and release it. Now click Yes to set this as your homepage.

For a video that will show you how to easily remove the Babylon homepage, please enter babylon website. for any further assistance, please contact us at help@babylon.com and we'll be glad to help you.