Thread: How to remove Fake windows vista antivirus 2012

How to remove Fake windows vista antivirus 2012

Hello mine system have been infected by the Fake windows vista antivirus 2012 virus and it infected while playing the Crazy Taxi on Facebook. I got some popups to start the game and I allowed it. After the setup I found a new icon on the desktop which belongs to this fake antivirus. My system is working fine but I am unable to find a solution for removing this tool. My system is getting slower. I was already having MSE. It is weird to find that it remained undetected.

Changing your antivirus can help you to get rid of this problem. For that you have to simply install a new antivirus. You can try Trend Micro. Just download a trail edition. It will be active for limited period but it will offer you full scanning support. The antivirus is quiet aggressive for such fake threats. You just have to install this and update it. Then scan your system under safe mode to capture all threats. I think that will be quiet enough to fix the issue.

It is very complicated to get rid of this rogue antivirus. They not only make your pc slow but they will also keep on installing more infection. The best thing you can do is backup your data and format your pc. Even if you go ahead with system restore still the virus will remain in your pc. When I faced this kind of issue I had tried various steps, but nothing worked. I was unable to get rid it completely and atlast I formatted it.