Thread: Why are members restricted for the Signature image size?

Why are members restricted for the Signature image size?

Hello guys I have a simple question to you all forum holding guys why are the members are restricted for the signature image size? I don’t understand what’s the problem with the images and all to them, Does it costs more or anything like that can anyone tell me what’s wrong with these forum admin why they like to stop us from coming up with our signatures.

Re: Why are members restricted for the Signature image size?

Ok dear so here is your answer, as I have some friends having a small forum site holder so I know a lot about it and I would like to answer you over here so its like whenever you are commenting any solution or a post on any of the forum that time the images signature is less important than your reply post so they just limit it and even they don’t use much bandwidth and if even anyone is using they would still put the limit for the signature, and it is all because of the cleanliness of the page and the page should not look bad that’s it.

Well certainly not, it doesn’t cost anything to them other than a small memory, but the problem is if they would stop having limits the user would forget many thing and just think if some guys would upload some 2 3 images with long length and they would be less than the post and this would make a page really very long and the solution would be less this would not only irritate the admin but also to the other user who would be there to have some solution so they do have limits.

I would like to agree with the previous posters. My reasons: you are not there for people from the forums brightness images with texts and so on, but we have and read your messages without worrying that it could lose from the huge sigs. I've seen some very unpleasant examples breaking boundaries, so that's why they also have limits. Band width becomes too much on my mind. I prefer to offer a place to eat photos of traffic assigned huge images in GIS, so I think they should actually have a restriction to have a clean and quick responding forum.

well it is not the bandwidth problem; load time is the member that is the problem. The faster you upload the site, the better for their browsers, and therefore better for you. Ordination is the dimension of size byte size, and obviously also important. And so I would only say that this is not done for the convenience of the forum admin it is done for the user and members only so don’t worry about it and have a small signature and enjoy the forum.

These large images also tend to spoil html anchors at once slow loading may take a while for the browser to get to the entry you want and a slow loading large often means ending in the totally wrong place. For that reason I disabled images next long and failing over 25K avatars. Oh, and all avatars are stored on my server, so do not waste hot linking slow servers. It works pretty well.

There is no such thing as there would be a charges and all would be a problem for the admin and so he would be having a restriction on the image signature and all but there is something like if the server is not very big then if you are using some big images the page would be taking time and this would be a problem to the members itself not to the admin, and this is actually not a wrong thing to do and if there would be no restriction just for saying a single line solution or a 4 5 words solution you will take half of the page with a long image and this would be irritating other users who would be visiting the site for the help and so they should be maintained regarding everyone visualization and so they are been taken care of.

OK guys thanks for the discussion now i don't have any complains for this signature point i was really not happy with having a limitation for the signature and so i wanted to know that whats wrong with them why are they causing us a problem in that but now everything is clear and i am fine to i don't have any problem with this and i found out that you all are right and the admin is right they have to consider many things and we just have to take part in some stuffs.