Thread: Is it a good idea to hide real name as a forum admin?

Is it a good idea to hide real name as a forum admin?

Hey guys I have been thinking to come up with a small forum site, should we mind in using our original name and I want to know that is it compulsory to use the different user name then our original name and is sharing up your own picture is a good idea? why is it necessary what’s the use just share up your suggestion guys I want to know a lot about it and please helping me getting the information about it share up your experience about it please?

Re: Is it a good idea to hide real name as a forum admin?

Hello;
    Well telling you the truth I would never mind to use my original name but there is not at all a problem by people knowing us, It’s just not compulsory but we use different user name to get a unique identity so that if a person commenting with the same name should not confuse between the administrator and member so there is actually no problem is coming up with the name but I would say yes pic would be a different thing I won’t like this putting up the pic is not a good idea.

I do not hide my identity, where there is a will there is a way. If a person wants to find out who you are they will. I use different username to my real name, but the administrator rights on my behalf and users can know my real name for reading my profile. The reason I do is to connect to the database of members on a personal level. I think it helps build trust with my members. And picture stuff is different it should not be used anyways and there is not compulsion to use the different username.

I have a different story I have been using a different username because I have found it as a trend over all the form and i do like this because your personal identity is safe and it would let have a good relationship with the user and your members and basically I do mention my name if needed in the comment and this would be a good idea I think because displaying of name without any reason is not a good idea I think.

I use my original nick name always I have never hided my identity and in all the comments I write my name first so that the user should know with whom they are having a chat and I don’t have any problem with that so I think this has no problem at all and you can defiantly use it and nor pics would be minded you can use that to and I would recommend it if you are a male administrator I think females should always try to maintain privacy that would be better for them.

I used to use my real name, but now I can use my Internet name. I usually do not reveal my name to the members, but I just do not use it as my username. As for my name, do not show that unless you have a reason. As for the photos, so I have a scanner or digital camera, so I have no way to even get up, but if I could I would teach them to private people to trust, but that's all. I use the same method on my own site, as you would anywhere else.

This is not a really a problem with the admin to use their own real name but this is a format which has to be followed by the admin on his forum site so that there is more amount of trust and a good relation between the member and the admin and also some sort of privacy has to be maintained, sometime there is some problem like when the user knows that he is directly talking to the owner they try to disrespect and some stuffs this are the fake members who just try to annoy and mess things up and there are more some reasons which have been mentioned above all of these things are to be taken care by the forum admin.

Guys thanks a lot for the ideas over this you all have been really awesome in suggesting about my questions and i think they were really helpful and true so i am very thank full to you all and i am glad that you keep helping us on any technical question this is really very nice to know. And now i think i know why we don't need to use our own name and what all are the problems and the conditions and i think i may have some questions over my forums and all ahead i would be coming back with them.

antabuse Guest

I am sorry, that has interfered... I understand this question. Let's discuss. Write here or in PM.

It is a lie.