Thread: While using SSL drop down boxes Safari 4.1.3 quits

While using SSL drop down boxes Safari 4.1.3 quits

Hello friends in my computer i am facing problem with Safari browser. whenever i open any secure site and if use any drop down box at that time Safari browser quits. i don't know what is wrong with it. If i try any other browser in my computer at that time i don't get any problem. please tell me what should i do to solve this problem.

Re: While using SSL drop down boxes Safari 4.1.3 quits

First you should check whether problem is system wide ot it occurs with specific user account. you have to first select Apple menu and then open System Preferences. After opening the System Preferences you have to select Accounts. After doing that you have to click on lock button and then enter username and password of admin. Now you need to click on Add button which you will see under account list. After clicking on add button you have to make new account from there. now login with new account and open Safari browser. open the site with which you were facing problem and try to use drop down box.

I am aware of this issue and i will suggest you to try this steps. you have to open System Preferences in your computer by going in to Apple menu and after opening System Preferences you have to choose network. in Network you have to select Configure option. After selecting Configure button you have to click on proxies tab. in proxies tab you have to make sure that no proxy servers are selected. If any proxy server is set then remove it and click on OK. After that you have to start Safari browser and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    I am aware of this issue and i will suggest you to try this steps. you have to open System Preferences in your computer by going in to Apple menu and after opening System Preferences you have to choose network. in Network you have to select Configure option. After selecting Configure button you have to click on proxies tab. in proxies tab you have to make sure that no proxy servers are selected. If any proxy server is set then remove it and click on OK. After that you have to start Safari browser and then check whether your problem get solved or not?
    in my Macbook Air i was having same issue and first i have tried to search solution on internet and then i have come to know that due to proxy server this type of problem can take place. After that i have removed proxy settings and then my problem get solved. you can also try this solution.

you should open Safari browser without plugins and then see whether it makes any difference or not? Many times this type of problem takes place because of the plug-in. you have to open Library in your system and then go to the Internet Plug-ins folder. After that you have to move plugins to desktop and then open safari browser and see whether same problem occurs or not? If you don't face any problems after trying this then it means any of plugin is causing this problem. if this idea does not help you then you have to delete Safari preference files and then you have to check whether what the result is. to delete Safari preference files you have to follow this steps. first open preferences folder from the Library and then you have to look for the files called "com.apple.safari.plist" and delete that. after that open Safari browser from there and see what the result is. May be deleting safari preferences will solve this problem.