Thread: Want dedicated Search Bar back in Internet Explorer 9

Want dedicated Search Bar back in Internet Explorer 9

I was using Internet Explorer 8, and I was loving the experience when I took this decision of upgrading to Internet Explorer 9. I had no issues with this too, till I happened to note that the new version doesn’t have a search bar.

That came as a shock to me. That was one of the best features about IE8.

I am damn sure, Microsoft is sensible enough not to fiddle with such a feature and they must have thought of a customization option. I wanted to know about it, if any.

Re: Want dedicated Search Bar back in Internet Explorer 9

It came as a shock to me too but it was more disappointing for me to realize, there’s no such customization option.
    IE9 just don’t have that feature. So, I had no other go but to switch to Firefox and Chrome. IE, I miss u!!!

I loved the feature too. But I love using IE too much to give up. I guess you all did not notice the search cum address bar called a Private OneBox. It works in a similar way.

They have integrated the search bar and the address bar together where you can probably add new search engines too.

It works fine, not as awesome as a dedicated search bar, though!

I loathe IE9. First of all, when I upgraded, I lost my preference set - meaning the 8 tabs that automatically come up when I start IE. This was so automatic, I couldn't remember everything I'd had! What a crock! I can't stand the look of it anyway - something about it seems odd and less user-friendly than IE8.

Now we don't even have a search bar! There are times when I'm looking at a page and would like to open another tab and search for something. In Chrome, not only can I highlight something on a page but I have an option to have Chrome open another tab and search - all with one click. There is no such option in IE. Now I have to highlight the item on the page, click to open a new tab, paste to the address bar, press Enter (because even that isn't automatic)...it's a HUGE step backwards.

While there are definitely things not to like about Chrome, this search feature is enough to ruin IE for me. What in the world were those idiots thinking?