Thread: Weird behavior by Firefox browser

Weird behavior by Firefox browser

I am having Windows Vista installed in my computer and I am using Firefox to access internet. Actually whenever I do search in google then I can see the resultant links but if I click on that then it simply do not connect me to that. Previously, I was not having any problem like this. It started from last week. I don’t know that what the reason behind this issue is. I have tried all the things to solve the problem but cannot fix that. Can somebody help me to resolve this?

Re: Weird behavior by Firefox browser

Have you added many add-ons in your browser? I am not very sure but that can be the culprit for this issue. So what you can do is just remove all the add-ons from your browser and after that again try to search something on google to see if that is showing you the same thing or not. If the problem is due to the add-ons then this time you will not get this problem. If this does not help you then you can reply me back and I will try to give you some alternate solution for this.

Is this the problem with only Firefox or other browsers are showing you the same thing? You can try to use some other browser like Internet Explorer or the Opera. If that are not showing you that problem then this will ensure that the problem is with the Firefox and to resolve this problem you can reinstall the Firefox. This time you should use a fresh copy of installer to install that and this is to avoid the possible problem related to the installer.

Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? If yes then that may be restricting the browser to open those links. To ensure that, what you can do is just disable the antivirus from your computer temporarily and after that try to search and open some link. If that is getting opened then the antivirus is the reason for that. Now you should lower the security level and see if that can help you to resolve the problem.

If the problem is because of some virus in your system then you can try to scan your system with some antivirus and clean all the infected files from your computer. My suggestion to you is to use the ComboFix which is a free antispyware tool and can cure the problem. ComboFix is a program which helps to remove the spyware, malware, rogue antispyware apps as well as Vundo infections. Also it removes the bunch of files associated to infections and is updated frequently. When Combofix ended, it will show youthea report of the scan. User can make use of report to search as well as take out infections which are not routinely removed.

As part of the process of the ComboFix is to verify and see whether Microsoft Windows Recovery Console installed in your system or not? With malware contaminations being as they are today, its firmly prescribed to have this pre-established on your machine before doing any malware evacuation. It will permit you to boot up into an extraordinary recovery/repair mode that will permit us to more effortlessly help you might as well your PC have a situation when a tried evacuation of malware.