Thread: Opening extensions manager crashes Google Chrome

Opening extensions manager crashes Google Chrome

I am having some problem with the google chrome. I am using that from last one week and the problem is that it keeps on crashing and this happens when I open the extension manager. I have installed two new extensions it started crashing previous to new extension. I am having the several grease monkey scripts running earlier but never got the issues like this. Can someone tell me that what I should do? Please give me some suggestion about this.

Re: Opening extensions manager crashes Google Chrome

I think that this is happening because of the outdated version of that in your computer. You might be using the older version of that and that is causing the issue for you. So what you can do is just try to update that and then see if this can resolve the problem for you. This is one of the main possible reasons for this and it can resolve the problem for you. So my suggestion to you is to update the google chrome and get out of the issue.

Updating the latest version of this is good idea to resolve this. If this solves the problem for you then its fine but if that is not working for you then you can try by disabling the add-ons and after that re-enable that. Try to do that and see if this can cure the issue for you. I am saying this because there might be some add-ons enabled in that which is causing the problem for it. So do this and let us know if that can solve the problem for you. Good Luck!!!

If no one of the above posted solution helps you then you can make use of the CCleaner. Just search for that on internet, download and install that on your computer. Use that to clear the unused files from your PC. Other than this you will also have to delete browser cache. Once you are done with that then you can just restart your browser. After that open the extensions manager again and see if this crashes the browser again. I hope that this time you will not get this problem again.

You have not mentioned that which version of the chrome you are using in your computer. You can make use of the Dev version of chrome that is on 11.0.969.3. I am using the same version and that is working great for me without any problem. So try this version in your computer and see if this is also showing you the same problem. I am using this from last 10 days and that is functioning great so I wish that this will do the same for you as well.

Note that it is my belief that browsers cache strict passwords and form data is "evil", so if you use this script, do not complain about nuking completely passwords and form history. Also, keep in mind that it will kill almost all running applications when run manually. The online version of the browser to kill only just below the line to kill almost everything indiscriminately. I like this way, I like having lots of idle applications around.