Thread: SharePoint: How to Provide External User Access

SharePoint: How to Provide External User Access

I have gone through the portal administrator and shaped a new site. I point to Settings and select to permit external users - but this does not apply to a precise site - in fact, if I can select a site, then the Settings button is immobilized. If the site afterward I need no other button below Permissions for outside users - so my question is simply how I can get to invite external users to a SharePoint site? Assuming you can get this sorted will be great for collaboration

Re: SharePoint: How to Provide External User Access

At this point, it appears that Office 365 is sustaining for external users, except they have an online ID, that is, a user in a 365-office system someplace. Outside users with a Hotmail domain fail access denied. You can consent outside users, as shown above, Active outside users on the characteristics of the site share the site with an outside user with a Hotmail account, the email is sent alluring the user to SharePoint sites, making OK the invitation link, go to the registration page, but when you either click sign in with Hotmail or online ID, you get an access denied error.

It currently works fine here with any external email address = no "access denied" error. In fact, it works a little too well, seems to give unlimited access to the editing of the guests and there is no discernible way of selecting a permission level. If that's the intention is not very well thought out. I doubt anyone wants to give ready access to internal applications and even the administrator account to an outside user. Spoke too shortly. What worked day before yesterday with a hotmail account (an e OL) and currently has a Gmail account.

When you invite an outside user can choose to visitors or members. The member will have additional consent. Not sure how you found out that invite sent. Will the users of Hotmail and Gmail domains appear as users of your site and permissions for groups? They actually were able to use a Gmail address in 7.6? Portal.microsoftonline.com been added to your trusted sites or distorted anything in your browser? In fact, I think mine is connecting because it has a logout link is only to be without access because the user is not shaped.

You cannot delete your browser history sufficient to lose the network between the Hotmail account is utilized to configure the desktop 365 and the online ID of the Office 365. If I invite you to Hotmail and click on the address to accept the invitation, which goes directly to the website of the management team. That is, if I can use the same laptop that has created all things. If I use a laptop and a different access to the same Hotmail account, I get the access denied error. I'm obviously not clear enough the story of my main laptop to break the link and I wonder if some of those who see access to external users do the same.

I reached the same conclusion on the service ID to access the cache, and allow access instead of using the user ID is requested. That's what I was tricked into believing it works. Logically, the user is prompted to log in with ID were invited, but not lacking / not working. I realized after accepting an invitation, "Admin" link up there was not there, which is strange if they were to sign with a cache ID onmicrosoft.

In accepting the invitation to go to the team page. Ensure the user profile on the site of the land and see if the administrator e-mails profile. I guess it is. This is probably similar to an instance of SQL, but no doubt other problems with the classification of fires and the Association of Active Directory on all shared servers. Obviously this is something that interests me a lot, so hopefully soon be published.

This is really all very well working and embarrassing the subject I was nothing to do with the system. There followed the steps above but do not seem to work. What I did not place it back over what I needed to go to a specific site and choose site features then enable the external sharing site. Once I had made the Web Sharing option was available and had the opportunity to send invitations to other internal users do not give them access to the site.

luluxiu Guest

If I ask you to Hotmail's address, click "accept the invitation, go directly to the site management team. That is, if I can use the same laptop computer, Tera Items creation of all things...