Thread: Need to know how secure phpBB3 is?

Need to know how secure phpBB3 is?

Well, Google every day and visit the most sites and forums that is useful for me. So one day was I was searching on Google but found no issue closely related. So I just want to know how safe phpBB3 is. Is it safe to share sensitive and confidential and valuable business documents with colleagues and partners, as well as discuss business plans and corporate secrets to use? Need suggestions, thank you.

Re: Need to know how secure phpBB3 is?

If you are not using a forum as such to allow each and every sign up, you can protect it through. Htaccess. It may also password each private forum, as well as has certain permissions on the user account. I mean, even if you set the permissions I could see why not add passwords to forums of information protected by what they say, for example, to enter the forum of "company documents" must be a member of the group of employees and they have forums password.

Forum software is designed for heavy user interaction and is coded with that in mind. Most forums allow for registration and wish to be public. There is no reason to use the forum to share private and confidential, as well as and financial information. The forums are almost always sent in clear text so if I was on the same network that read everything to the post in the forum or whatever it was stopped. If you are looking for secure document cabinets that make it easy for many people to participate recommend Google Docs. If you decide to use phpbb I recommend you do it in a domain quite dark, with another subdomain and dark. Htaccess, but please note that there are ways to enumerate the domains and subdomains hosted on an IP address.

To evaluate the safety of the software, you must take into account a number of points: firstly its market share, secondly, the number of people who use it, a third of its perceived popularity, and finally, the records of vulnerability unpopular software is often completely ignored, leading to the perception that it is safe. Historically, the products of rapid growth have undergone considerable attention, leading to vulnerabilities. Once the software is labeled as "unsafe", which is often inflated further attention. A recent example is Sony.

I cannot say phpBB is the bulletin board system more popular, since it is difficult to obtain raw numbers and multiple forms of analysis. Obviously, however, competing for the title in terms of public perception is concerned.
    phpBB safety record is easily the best of any bulletin board system. I posted the following graphic before and MyBB developers have stated that the figures take into account all MyBB 1.x (which was originally released in 2005). To be fair, the number of vulnerabilities details in MyBB has been gradually dropping, however, even taking into account only 2010 and 2011 MyBB, phpBB record (2007-2011) is best. This is considering phpBB is a much grander goal.

I do not feel that's true. ocPortal only had a vulnerability in his life and was back in 2004. There has not been one since. As the Wikipedia page, it seems no ocPortal CMS software and a forum. In any case, should not have used the word "any", as I had only wanted to include the name choices. This is the first time I've heard of ocPortal, for example, and is difficult to analyze the security of that software, because the issues raised above.

Well, is not nearly as well known as the big names mentioned. However, it is growing in popularity very quickly due to, among other reasons, the lack of need for third party plug-ins, security and the ability to easily integrate with most systems of all great forum names. Comes with a built in forum, but you can use your favorite with him in his place. It's not so easy considering. Even if the software itself is relatively safe. What about the server is hosted in? The quality of the host network. That would be a major area that could cause concern. A lot of factors that could come into play is all I say. Outside of the software in use. Not that they or anyone else cares enough to exert much effort trying to compromise your forum, shrugs.