Thread: Is Microsoft Office 365 is blocking the Window Live Messenger?

Is Microsoft Office 365 is blocking the Window Live Messenger?

Well I am having Windows Live. I am also having an account on the Microsoft Office 365. It seems to be working fine Lync Online. As I am trying to login into the Windows Live Messenger by using the windows Live Id of mine. it is prompting with an error message on the computer. I wanted to know whether the Office 365 is blocking the windows live messenger? Let me know if you are having the same problem like me. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Is Microsoft Office 365 is blocking the Window Live Messenger?

Looking at the situation I let you know that the Lync is not having the support for the external Windows Live Messenger users with the windows live id which is associated with the Windows Live Messenger. Also there is no support for the Yahoo Messenger. According to me it would be the biggest drawback to use the Microsoft Lync Online. I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

As far as the Windows Live is concerned I am having a particular solution which you can use to get the requirement of yours. Well you should simply move to the Admin portal and simply disable the external access for the Lync Online. Then you have to wait for the couple of minute after that you will see that the Windows Live Messenger id has been become live again. But still if you are having query on the solution which I have mentioned over here then feel free to ask about the same.

Whenever you are supposed to setup the Microsoft Lync online you have to see that you have configured the environment appropriately. Well you have to see that the DNS record which are configured and ports are opened. If the ports are not opened than this issue might be happening just because of that. Also you can have the features of this particular software dependent on the location of yours.

You have to see that the External communication is enabled on the system of yours. if it is not enabled you have to use the following instructions.

• You have to click on the Admin and go for General Settings.
    • Now you have to launch the Lync online control Panel.
    • If the External Communication feature is disabled then you have to click on the enable.
    • Finally click on the yes button when asked for the confirmation.

I am not sure but there could be technical issue with this particular software. Well I recommend that you have to contact the technical support team of the developer and ask about help on this particular matter. The technical support team will study the situation of yours and let you know about the possible solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.