Thread: How to listing forum in DMOZ

How to listing forum in DMOZ

I can notice the excellent and the inferior in this obedience’s, the mass of them being nearer to the poorer. Anyone here have any idea on this? I have my own forum site and I want to list my site in DMOZ. I tried many things and tried to search this on many site but can’t get any useful tips or any other detailed information. So please if anyone has any idea or any other useful information for this than please provide me.

Re: How to listing forum in DMOZ

DMOZ, or the Open Directory Project, is a human-shortened hierarchical directory. The slogan presently states, which makes it the biggest human (and helper) abridged directory on the web, although several of the listings are not advanced and many of the editors have become motionless. If you wish additional information about this than, just visit here.

While not many of us use dmoz as a pursuit engine (which is just too dangerous as a result of looking for a class typically produces relevant results), it's an instantaneous consequence on the traffic to your web site. The rationale is that DMOZ encompasses a high Google Pagerank, and obtaining a link from one in every of its classes can bring you edges in all search engines. These edges are increased by the very fact that several sites use DMOZ's knowledge (available as XML dumps) to feed their own directory, the foremost accepted of those being the google directory (which link could even be a lot of useful than DMOZ's).

My experience has been completely messed dmoz. I have received many sites with great success in the job without dmoz Google "help", and when I tried to present my dmoz sites in the spring, nothing happened. I checked the status of my presentation on their message board and tell me I must wait six months before asking again and so on. I think they are only in the business of making them wait and aggravating rather than accept or revise the presentations; most of them are in the forums to tell people that their presentations haven’t yet been reviewed.

That is not a legitimate reason for a rejection of the application. Publishers may have their websites in the directory, just use the database dmoz affiliations and any issue of vanity. Take me to an example. I can host a site, but I am an editor in the category of my site, which is based on automobiles. If you reject that, because that staff at dmoz contact is a violation of the guidelines.

I have found the dearth of standards and feedback disheartening. whereas it ought to go while not saying that if DMOZ told me to try and do one thing in come for having my web site listed, i might definitely comply, however of all the expectations presented higher than, i might seem to own met them, and nevertheless to no avail. Meanwhile, so much less "active" or "original" sites do not appear to own identical downside. Perhaps, I am craving for logic where there's none, or a logic thus arbitrary and subjective that if nobody will hold them to account, they very should not wield the maximum amount power and significance as they are doing.

I wholeheartedly believe PalePhoenix. I submitted my website many months ago. I meed or exceed all standards began during this thread with the doable exception of the mail account, in step with the principles of the editor, however still I even have 7500 posts +, 280 + members and a median daily range of close to post eight.5, which, in my opinion, clearly not a large board, or perhaps an oversized one, however is growing in size and is extremely active and contains a wide selection of content.

If my interpretation is correct, DMOZ was designed to be a directory maintained by editors who each know their own area. The idea is included in all the places he knew, and I thought to add quality in the directory. Its main purpose was not simply accepting sites that webmasters presented. For example, I find a website on talus (foot), and that was my first small category.