Thread: Does Amazon keeps on releasing Firmware updates?

Does Amazon keeps on releasing Firmware updates?

Hey guys, as seen from the long time, I hadn’t visited your website, not because of any former complains about it, I had a really wonderful experience with you guys, but due to some timing problem, I wasn’t able to, as now i have question for you guys, and almost you have understood that by my topic only, as while I am pretty newbie for the kindle and all related thing and as what I had want know that in what time period Amazon keep on bring out software updates for the kindle as not much time spend I had updated my brand new K3 with latest firmware updates, so want to know in what time gap Amazon bring out update for kindle. And if yes what are those updates are meant for, does they do any changes in the system, like being equipped with further support and being more faster and addition of features or something else. Your every suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Re: Does Amazon keeps on releasing Firmware updates?

As it is not necessary that Amazon bring up the update for the adding some feature to K3 device or for addition of some extra features, as it happens sometimes that it comes out for the fixing some bugs in the existing software or if someone is facing some problems or error in the working of their device so the company brings out the update for the same. And it not been schedule that in what time period the updates will comes out.

I thought that I not happens all the time that when I have K1 at that time I had received 3 updates for it or maybe 4 and just after the last one k2 device has been out in the market and since after that I doesn’t received any updates for my K1 and then as my brother have k2 device I have notice that the device get 3-4 updates in the period of last 1 year and after that K3 device has been bring out and since yet I hadn’t seen any updates on K2 also, so as by now I think you have understood the whole process of update procedure of the company.

Yup totally agree with the above statement that since another product come out in the market the previous one either use to get ignore by the company or maybe I think the previous version had already be equipped with all necessary update required for it, so yeah even I had K3 replacement device and since I had done the latest updates on it and seeming that the updates will continue till the K4 comes out in the market. If anyone have further idea on this topic then please feel free to put your views on the same.

If my memory has been recalled properly than I remember it properly that the K3 by the time has been received only 2 updates for the firmware and since k3 is in the market for almost an whole year by now and I think by the next month it will comes out with the another update. And in the case Amazon going on its previous procedure then the updates will get stops once the k4 comes out. And the updates process for K3 device will be no longer exists. This is the information I putted as per my experience for the Devices.

While no one know about the next release of firmware update for the k3 device, as for your information K3 normal devices and K3 with Wi-Fi devices use to get there different update, and once the updates for the device has been declared it will either published on the site or you will get the notification on the device, and wireless devices don’t get such often updates that use to comes on the normal devices and addition to this if you don’t get any notification for the updates on your K3 device then better go on Amazon and download the updates from there manually and install them.

Well guys, thanks a ton for showing interest in my Topic and clear my view about the device, and now I am clear with the update procedure as before I am in the confusion that firmware update use to comes with some particular gaps, but now after reading your all post properly and I comes to know about all thing much clearly and now I thinking a bit more on the things that after K4 launch updates for K3 will get stop but anyways I am ready for it. Thanks

I do not know much about this but I also don't think it is necessary for Amazon to bring up the update. For the addition of some features to K3 Device.