Thread: Unable to register on OVI store

Unable to register on OVI store

Hi, I have bought a new Nokia X3 - 02 few days ago, and I was completely new to the mobile and its functionality so later I came to know that we can download the application and many more games from the OVi store, so I just opened it from My mobile itself and I came to know that we have to register first in order to download any content from there, so I was trying to register myself on that yesterday, I was not actually able to do that, as various errors was occurring, like even after filling all the fields, I am getting the error. So what would be the actual problem, where I went wrong actually?

Re: Unable to register on OVI store

See their might be too many possibilities through which you cannot register yourself and your device to the OVI store, so if the I start from the very first cause, it would be because of the server error, thus you are unable to register, so have you ever tried to do the same again, if not then you should try it again, and make sure that whatever information that you fill in the given are is proper can appropriate which is required most importantly.

This doesn’t happens actually ever because the process is too simple as there are very few information that you have to fill, but as I was also having the same problem because I haven’t fill the information properly, according to the format that they require, so I think you also might have been done the same mistake, so I would like to recommend you that before filling the form again, make sure that you are entering the proper information and let me tell you that all the fields are mandatory and you must have to fill them without any failure.

The most important field that generally causes error is the password field, because they have certain limitation with the characters that you enter in the field, I mean to say if you’re entering any white space character in your password, so let me tell you that you will not be able to register. So don’t use space or any special characters in your password, and then try the same, and make sure that you are entering the same password in both the field.

I think with the name that you are trying to register yourself with the OVi might have been already chosen by some another user, if this is the only thing than you cannot register with the same name and you must have to change the name of course thus check whether the account exist or not and if suppose even after doing all this things you persist the same problem you can simply contact to nokia care center for further assistance.

IF you have any existing account on the OVi store than also you can recover the detail of that account on your mobile phone or though the Email also, as there is a option called forgot password, and as you do this you can simply receive all the information on your mentioned Email address. And as you got the Email, you’ll get the Link with it, through which you have to confirm it and you can change the password also.

If you were trying to do the things from the mobile only, then you can have the option to register yourself from the PC, because It happens as sometimes the mobile OVI application doesn’t work perfectly and we can’t do that, in fact I was also having the similar issue, and after trying the same thing with the PC, I was able to register properly, and now I can download any application which I want.