Thread: ‘Failed to download platform configuration data’ Error message in steam

‘Failed to download platform configuration data’ Error message in steam

I have played lots of game on Steam. Currently I have started to face an issue while playing game on the steam. I tried to login on the Steam but I am unable to do the same. Its fails to login on steam and results into an error message on the computer. The error message can be described as follow ‘Failed to download platform configuration data’. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: ‘Failed to download platform configuration data’ Error message in steam

Which operating system do you have installed on the computer of mine? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer. This particular issue is seems to be happening just because of the firewall which you have installed on the computer. So tell me which firewall do you have installed on the computer? Answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting following solution which you should try and let me know whether it is working or not. You have to search for the ClientRegistry.blob into the directory where you have installed Steam on the computer of yours. once you have found the same you have to delete the same from the computer of yours . after doing the same you have to restart the steam on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.

I am suspecting that the issue which you are getting is happening because of the hidden processes which are running on the computer of yours. those processes might not be visible on the taskbar of the computer. You might need to disable those processes on the computer of yours and see whether it is making any difference in the situation or not. You should disable all the unnecessary program from the system and examine the performance.

Well I am highly suspecting that this particular issue is being happening just because of the antivirus program or firewall which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should simply disable the firewall on the system of yours and see whether it making any difference in the situation. If you have resolved the issue then you have to configure the firewall so that the issue which you mentioned over here would not persist.

Looking at the matter I think there is a corruption of the files of the Steam Client on the computer of yours. Well I recommend that you should uninstall the steam client from the system and you have to download the latest version of the Steam on the computer of yours. once you have completed with the downloading process you have to installed the same on the computer. I am hoping you will be able to fix the matter after installing the latest version of Steam on the computer.

Well in this particular issue I am suspecting that there is something serious issue with the steam itself. You have to contact the developer and get the technical support on this particular matter. Well you should provide the information regarding the problem which you are getting. I am hoping that the developer team would help you out to resolve this particular matter.