Thread: Steam is stopping updating or downloading of games randomly

Steam is stopping updating or downloading of games randomly

I am getting above mentioned issue from past couple of weeks. I have noticed that the Steam is randomly stopping the downloading of the game. When I right click on it is prompting that the download is paused on the computer of yours. I need to press the pause download button so that you can press the resume download button so that I can proceed with the download process. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Steam is stopping updating or downloading of games randomly

In order to figure out the root cause of the problem I wanted to know the answers of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours? do you have done any recent changes on the computer? I am suspecting that it could be happening just because of the virus issue so tell me do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer.

You have to see you have set the appropriate the Steam rate setting for the internet connection.
    1. You have to go for Steam and click on Settings.
    2. Into Settings you have to click on the Internet and click on the Internet Connection Speed.
    3. If you are having improper connection speed and you changes appropriately to resolve the issue.

I think you have enabled Auto Pausing of downloading on the Steam. So you have to see that you should disable the Auto Pausing on the computer and see whether it is working or not. If still the issue is persisting then I recommend that you have to reinstall the Steam Client on the computer of yours. you should uninstall and then you should restart the computer of yours and then you should try to install and see whether the thing is working or not.

I am suggesting particular solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours. you should simply exit the Steam client from the computer of yours.
    Now you have to move to directory where you have installed Steam on the computer.

• You have to search for the ClientRegistry.blob and you have to rename with the ClientRegistryOld.blob.
    • Now restart the Steam and try to download the game and see whether it is working or not.

I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue with the Steam which you have installed on the computer. You have to contact the developer team and get the further assistance on this particular matter. You should provide the information which is associated with the problem which you are getting. The developer team would figure out the root cause and fix the same and they would release the patch which you can apply.