Thread: Getting an Error message’ To run steam, you must first connect to the internet’ on Stem while connecting to internet

Getting an Error message’ To run steam, you must first connect to the internet’ on Stem while connecting to internet

Well recently I have installed Steam on the computer of mine. I have tried to launch the Steam on the computer of mine but it did not launching at all. It seems to be stuck at the time of updating and results into an error message which can be described as ‘Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the Internet’. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is being happening. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting an Error message’ To run steam, you must first connect to the internet’ on Stem while connecting to internet

I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is being happening on the situation of yours. in order to get the root cause of the problem I wanted to know answers of the below mentioned questions.
    1. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer?
    2. Can you tell me about the hardware config of the system of yours?
    3. Do you have installed any antivirus program? Is there any firewall enabled on the computer?

Re: Getting an Error message’ To run steam, you must first connect to the internet’ on Stem while connecting to internet

Well I am suggesting a particular solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours. you have to locate the .exe file of the Steam Client on the computer of yours. Now you have to right click on it and you have to select Run As Administrator from the right click context menu. Once you have done the same you have to see that you are able to launch the Steam Client on the computer or not.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have used the following steps to resolve the matter of mine. You have to simply delete the ClientRegistry.blob. once you have to delete the above mentioned file from the computer of yours and then you should restart the computer. After restarting the computer you have to see that the issue is persisting or not. if you wanted further assistance feel free to ask the same.

Looking at the matter I am suggesting following thing which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to download the steaminstall.msi file from the official website.
    • Once you have downloaded the same you have to use the file to repair the Steam from the Control Panel.
    • After doing the above mentioned thing you will not have the errors.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend couple of solution which you can use to resolve the matter which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread.
    • You should disable the Firewall and antivirus program which you have installed on the system and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.
    • Also you should restart the router as well as you have to see that the correct ports are open on the router.