Thread: Video call button grayed out on Skype

Video call button grayed out on Skype

I am trying to make video calls on Skype. I am using windows XP. Skype is the default application for chatting. I had upgraded my internet plan and now I want to make some video calls also. I had attached a webcam to my pc and it is working. I got a update notification. I ran the update which looked proper. But I am not able to make video calls. The button is disabled. How can I turn it on back.

Try to re-install skype. It is bit odd to find that the button is just grayed out. You cannot use it. You have to re-install it. You can download the latest version from web and you can run the setup. I think that will resolve the problem. Video calling is quiet easy here. You just have to press the call button and done. Just test the webcamera once on yahoo messenger. If it works then the camera is active and it will give you appropriate output.

This type of issue appear if there is any other application working in the background. You have to turn that off. Try to reboot your pc once. This will turn off everything and I think that will be enough to fix the problem. The second thing you have to do is download the latest version of DirectX. You can find that by searching on Google. Get the newest version and simply update that. I think this will resolve the problem and you will be able to make video calls.