Thread: How to connect Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 to Internet?

How to connect Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 to Internet?

Hello guys, I had just recently purchased my new Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 and having a good time in using it but with this I had get an experience of using a TV which wasn’t there in any previous Model I had used, but with this I had got a serious problem, as was not able to connect my Sony Bravia with internet neither with wired connection nor with Wireless connection with the router, and me and my friend had tried all changed in setting and different stuff for solving this, but at last we are not able to solve this, so actually I want to know whether it is problem with me or others also having the same problem and if someone knows about the solution than please help me to get out of this problem, thanks in advance.

Re: How to connect Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 to Internet?

Get a wireless internet access for your Bravia which is ready to use Wi-Fi a UWA-BR100 wireless LAN adapter and then this LAN adapter plugs into USB input on your Sony TV and also with WPS i.e., Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and then easily you will able to connect your Bravia model with your home network and it doesn’t matter at all that which kind of wireless network router is in use. And please also note that the USB wireless LAN adapter has been deliver or provided only as substitute accessory which is dependent on the model number of your Sony Bravia TV.

What I think about this issue is, at a time either you should opt for wired connection or for wireless connection and while using wireless connection, your should try the WPS method for getting contact and while doing that you will be provided with an option for insert your and as after inserting the same your Bravia will automatically let network setup to happen and no further need of any changes will be require.

For this you have to Connect the Laptop and TV with a “CROSSOVER” cable for Ethernet and after this active the internet connection sharing either on Laptop or on PC, and for enabling the internet connection sharing simply open the Network connection folder and then click the right button of mouse on wireless network connection and choose the properties option and then advance tab, and simply mark the box for allowing other users on network to get connect through your laptop or computer internet connection.

I also had a Sony Bravia but with different model number and also have a Ethernet and USB connecter. And while I am also having the same problem, I directly connected to the technical people for the support and they had told me about this problem and apologizes for the same, and have promised that it will be fix soon with coming month with some updates, and as we are not able to connect TV with the Ethernet socket and also with the USB port because the TV don’t detect Flash drive. And if anyone else know about this matter and solution to this then please share your experience here.

As even I had faced the same problem and got no answer or support from Sony Bravia official or technical people. So if you have Wi-Fi router and was working find with your computer or laptop than, than you have to make sure that you have insert a static IP address on your Sony TV. And check on router static DNS values for DNS1 and DNS2 and set the address to 198.162.1.1 and then restart the Wi-Fi router and save those changes. And now you’re TV will auto detect your model and allow you to access the internet connection on your Bravia.

For getting connect with Wi-Fi network you have to used a supplied remote and on it press HOME Key and there select setting over there and select the network setup => and choose the wireless setup over there and select WPS i.e., push key or WPS for PIN method and then simply follow the instruction you are getting on the TV setup Screen. And please note that for getting connect with wireless LAN with WPS then your wireless LAN router require to be compatible with the WPS standard