Thread: Block ads on facebook via Maxthon

Block ads on facebook via Maxthon

I have always been wandering about blocking the ads on facebook that I could concentrate more on my friends rather than the either way round this would help in getting this out .Above that since the day the facebook opened up there were no ads in starting but slow every month I see the see if the adds increasing and that is want is making me nervous. As it is growing the see if the advertisings is also growing. Any help regarding this.

Re: Block ads on facebook via Maxthon

There are many option available for you depending on the type of the browser that you are using and the type of the customization you want there are many other things that one should see is the size and the compatibility with the browser. SO just post back with the browser that you use along with the type of extension you want free or paid , so that I could give you an accurate reply , this things are quite important as they decide the variety og solutions that you get.

There is no need to post a solution for this as long as you are not that dumb so I guess you should always use your mind. There are many extension that are available for the various browser that are there , so just check the extension that are compatible with them as it would help you to gain a better control over it by using this , they would be mostly by named as ad blocker , or killer and they could be easily discovered .

I am already aware of the browse extension that you all are mentioning above but I would rather love to have a browser that has an inbuilt function in it as that would be more secure to use instead of the one that come with the free tag. I should have told you beforehand about this , I am sorry for writing an incomplete question , well I have found out browser ( Maxthon 3 )that supports that function as inbuilt , but I have no idea how to use it , please help me upon this

Removing all the ads from facebook makes it look a lot simpler but , I would rather suggest using the ad block function on the it, it just very simpler in using that , I have personally never used it but , that would work just by clicking on the button and that would automatically start working as it works in the ad –blocker , on the fire-fox search engine . Other than this you can always have a go through I the help section of the browser

Hey mate , it is not that simple to use that in Maxthon as this is an unique browser we need to switch on the rules so that it would start working the working of this is no simple , but on the other hand it s also not difficult for an regular user over the internet , to use Adhunter on Maxthon that to stop the ads from pooping up , I suggest you to click the bottom –roght coner and then select the Edit blocking rulkes and the copy the rule % and paste in the bar after that save it using the done button , and you can know cannot see the ads on facebook.

Hey, that just worked for me, I had it done and that worked very fine for me until and unless I visited some photo galleries and saw it worked on the first occasion but , it did not worked on back link I mean the movement you press the back button it will not work ,so please suggestion me some more blocking rules so that this problem may be removed ,m although this is not annoying , but then too I am not very fond of these adds

You solution just helped me out and that were of great help to me I think that I can do this without anyone help know because of the knowledge and the experience gained from you guys , But my problem is still not solved this problem seems to be more form the face book site as the it is changing the rules very fast and that is was making the extension go old as they are not constantly updated , well I don ‘t have any regrets
    optimistically sooner or later it will be easier method to obstruct them

Hello dude,

I had the same problem with you, so i did a search and i found this solution at maxthons forums.

6 months later...are there any updates?

EDIT: I managed to block FB ads in the right frame with ##div[class="ego_section"]
    I just tested it, and its working. So have fun and enjoy.
    Last edited by headoff; 21-02-2012 at 03:36 AM.