Thread: do maxthon 2 and maxthon 3 have same temp folder

do maxthon 2 and maxthon 3 have same temp folder

I am using a maxthon browser and recently I have been facing a problem in it , I have been using maxthon for quite a few time s and I have not been having any problem until now , recently I had a problem while cleaning the history and the temporary memory from my computer. Actually I have two browser installed on my system they both are of same type but a different version ,I don’t think that would cause a problem.

Re: do maxthon 2 and maxthon 3 have same temp folder

That is exactly where you are having a problem the two version of the same browser are causing you problem as they both are using the a same temp file which is mess-up up the history and other details that you are using, actually I just don‘t understand why are using an older version and a new version together why can’t you just use the newer version which provides you all the features that was provided by the previous version.

I think you still haven ‘;t used the maxthon 3 web browser they are full of errors and bugs and the company still does ‘t know how to fix them so forget about getting an update from them soon in some near time , many of the bugs are still to be recognized forget about finding a fix for them. There are many other things that are not support in the latest version so I have installed them both so that I could get my work going , is it always wise to have both installed on your pc .

I have been using both version of same browser with this over past one year and I have something useful for it. Just as the above user said it is wise to use them both. I previously had maxthon 1 and maxthon 2 installed on the same system and they worked in harmony so I guess this won‘t cause any problem s with the previous version installed. Any help regarding what is cause this problem would be greatly appreciated.

this might be a cause of the temporary folder that you are using the file may have used a temporary folder in it . I have no idea what temporary folder are you refereeing to there are two temporary folder the only thing that matter here is the last temporize folder that matter that is the true Temporary files located in the max name \Temp and the second one is present in the %Updater%\Maxthon3\User Data\Temp) . If this is present either temp folder then the simple answer is no they cannot influence each other.

The answer to your query depends on what mode are you using the Brower that is there are two modes in . The Browser basically uses two browser namely trident engine and then webkit engine these engines are used to run the browser that you are using. The Webkit engine is a newly introduced in this browser previously to only had a trident engine this is the same engine that is used by the internet explorer. So please give the mode type that you are using .

Yes that matter lot when you are using or referring to a temporary mode that is working on the webkit engine which is using a separate temp folder for the storage of the folder while on the other hand if you are using a Trident Engine then this may cause you a problem as both of them store files in the same location, it is just like within Maxthon2, cookies as well as TIF files intended for internet explorer are common flanked by all browser by means of the IE engine.

I think I made that right clear when I mentioned you that above, Any way thanks for your replaying, I was by the way referring to the temporary internet files that get created when you start the internet thanks! Anyway I establish what reason where there which caused that the culprit was the retro mode that use deleting the file , it was all because of the trident search engine that were causing the problem more over there aren ‘t anything on internet that helped me out .