Thread: Cannot focus on new tab in Maxthon

Cannot focus on new tab in Maxthon

I am having the Maxthon Version 2.0.3.4020. I am having the Windows XP SP2 installed on my computer. My problem is that whenever I click on the link then it gets opened into new tab but that tab is not focused like I cannot use my mouse wheel to scroll the pages. I have to click on that tab before I scroll the page. What I need is that it should come into focus whenever I click on the link. Can someone help me to do that? Thank you.

Re: Cannot focus on new tab in Maxthon

Hi and welcome to Techarena. I hope we will have a great discussion here. Do you encompass the status bar button which says "Force Open Links in Background" enabled? I am thinking out about this because every my clicked links open within a new tab and comprise focus on thattab as soon when the page completed loading I be able to scroll devoid of clicking within the page otherwise on the tab.

If I allow that then the tab is not active. The chip is activated and I can see the content, but cannot scroll through the contents of the tab without clicking the "window" itself. By clicking on the tab in the tab bar is not enough. Now, if I click another tab and click back, I can scroll or use a mouse gesture to go to a tab next to him and then backward. Again, this only happens when you click a link on the page that opens a new tab or by using Shift-Click. The new tab is active as to be able to view the content, but is unable to move without clicking in the window, not only in the tab bar.

I am also having the similar problem in my case. I have all the boxes marked in the Maxthon Setup Center "activate new cards after opening" are not "forced to open links in new tabs" checked. Also I have IE7. When I open a new tab Search, Super Drag and Drop, or my favorite menu opens to the right of the current tab and you have to click on that tab to go to that page. My preceding Maxthon tab opens in the front.

The button that is there to the left of "Forced links to be opened in new tabs" is the one you must be anxious about, "Force open links within background". It must be disabled. To have recently created tabs open on the ending of the tabs: Maxthon Setup Center > Tabs Bar > Default performance of "New Tab" command > deselect "Open new tab adjacent to current tab"

Seriously this is your problem. With my settings set to enable a new tab with a click of the change, the new tab is active and can move away without having to click on the page. I think this is what we were trying to do. The only difference between my computer and yours is that I did a clean install, nothing imported Maxthon1, no settings are saved Maxthon2. I even deleted my folder Maxthon2 before rebooting and reinstalling. I cannot see why this does not work for you. I know it's a little time consumption, but it seems to alleviate many problems.