Thread: Maxthon Browser: Drag & drop is not functioning properly for new link tab

Maxthon Browser: Drag & drop is not functioning properly for new link tab

Whenever I try to open the any of the links in the new tab with the help of drag and drop then the fresh tab always opens inside the background and there doesn't look to be a configurable setting to change to this new tab routinely. Changing to the new tab mechanically works for other method of opening a link to a new tab, but not while a link is opened in a fresh tab throughout Drag and Drop. Is there anyone else with the same problem?

Re: Maxthon Browser: Drag & drop is not functioning properly for new link tab

This is not the bug with that browser. This is by design and there is no way to change that. If you are using drag and drop that this will surly going to open that link in background. If you want to open the link in the foreground then you will have to make use of the shift-click and you will found that this will open the tab in the foreground. This is the only way by which you can do that and I am sure that this is going to help you.

I think that you are asking for the links. If you desire to open the text within an activated tab then all you have to just drop that to the search bar. I am not very sure that this is going to configurable but there is no harm to try this once and see if that can do the trick for you. So give it a try and let us know whether it works if not then we can try something else to do that. Good Luck!!!

All this seems like a lot of work just to open a tab in the foreground. Often, I'm not near a keyboard when I'm sailing so if I have more lean, finding hold the shift key does not move the mouse very far just to open a tab so you can see right away it seems pointless. I hope that the change to function as it has in the past. That's basically what keeps me from using Maxthon as my default browser 3. Also you should not have to drag a link up to the search bar just to open it successfully.

Drag and drop will open a fresh tab by default, if you are wishing for a tab to open unfocused link then press Shift as dragging, except this would be the preferred option. Instead of dragging the text to open the tab out of focus again, you can right click and select Search, this tab will open centered. No need to drag the search bar. While on the subject, if the text is de-highlighted link, selecting text and dragging will not only go to the actual webpage, simply open the search engine could not recognize a link and go directly to M3 site?

For me, I want the whole thing to click and open in a new tab active, including Super Drag and Drop, but recognize that others do not desire that behavior for the reason that the way they exercise a browser, so the finest answer is make this a customizable feature. This feature is one that prevents me from using M3 as my default browser (thus, inability to use Roboform mode Webkit is also a factor, but that's another issue altogether) so I've been waiting to see this, added for some time now, like many others as reported in several threads. Thank you.