Thread: How to run Maxthon 3 on Linux

How to run Maxthon 3 on Linux

I have just started using a Linux based operating system called Ubuntu as it was free it use and also was a lot stable to use that any other operating system that was availed. The other way round I could no longer afford the licensing fee of the Window XP. There are many other reasons for this but let not discuss that and come to the point that I needed some way through which I could use the Maxthon browser on Ubuntu.

Re: How to run Maxthon 3 on Linux

I think there is no way possible through this , as I have already tried using the Maxthon 2 on the Linux based operating system but it failed to make a use of it , I also wanted to use it in my Mac pc and I tried to do the same things it my destiny that worked on Mac but it did not worked on the Ubuntu that I used , I think it native code does not support Linux operating system. I have n ‘t tried for Maxthon 3 but I guess the result would be same as there is not much difference between them.

According to the company that produces this states that apparently this is not possible to use Maxthon on Linux platform as the Company has not released any open source coding for this on the other hand I don‘t even think that the company is planning something about this more on there is no more support from the company side so that we could at least give it a try. And there are very few users on the Linux side who really want to get Maxthon working on the Linux platform.

I always wanted to do that but I never got a change to install Maxthon on my Laptop as it does not have enough space for another installation, but I can surely suggest you to use Wine and try that, it really very simple to use that I have previously used that before and I should tell you that it is quite simple to use it it use that you just need to set the path and the rest is handled by the Wine itself . Try it and then post back the result ( whatever they are ) as that would help other user who are reading this .

Maxthon 2 would surely not install under the Linux platform but the Maxthon 3 would get as it has a webkit engine in it which was not present in any of the previously version that came up there upon there this is a engine that is supported by the Linux based operating system there are many other that must support it ,this could be used with wine and then installed in it , I am not sure about the working but, I think that should work.

I have tried this with and I constant error in some file named msvcrt.dll and the wcncoll part of the file but after doing a research on internet I found out that the two error that are caused id due to the something that is named stub, I have no idea what is causing this error I installation was started properly and it appeared that I would complete but certainly an error poped out saying the error that I stated above

I don ‘t think you would be able to install it through wine as I have tried it and I was not successful in getting it on the other hand , On the other hand there is a UI library which is a layout , and I have no idea how to get it in to work with the help webkit engine , I thing you should try installing this with help of some programs that use web kit dependencies which would be taken .I think an retro mode would also be usefull.

At present have been negotiations in the long-ago with Maxthon2 besides. It be alleged subsequently with the purpose of if it were probable contribute wise (to do the job) they might think about looking in that bearing. although I assume that, if that always happen, just like with Maxthon Mobile, you be supposed to not wait for it to be a 1:1 port but much earlier one that make use of platform precise functionality, which means it may appear very unusual.