Thread: error code 0x80048849

error code 0x80048849

Friends, I have problem with my windows live mail. I have my account on hotmail and all the things was running fine few days but now I am not able to send or receive any email from and n my account. Whenever I try to send any email to anybody then it shows me some error code “ox80048849”. I have not seen such error in any computer before and I have not even heard about it so I don’t have any idea about this. All I want is to fix this problem. My elder brother tried soothing on my computer but that did not worked and he told me that it is the server error and cannot be fixed from here. He also don’t know the solution for this. Please help me to solve the issue. Thank you.

Re: error code 0x80048849

If you are trying to login to Windows Live Mail and try to send or receive any email message to your account and you are getting any error that has no specific error code then the problem is with the synchronization and the error is called the synchronization error. If DeltaSync protocol enables the WLM to make the communication with the Hotmail Server and it encounter one or more errors then you will get such synchronization error message. You have to reconfigure your account in Windows Live Mail eith the following steps:
    1. First of all Right click on the account as displayed on the folder pane.
    2. Select the Remove account.
    3. It will ask for confirmation then click yes to confirm.
    4. After that you have to select the Add e-mail account link which is there at lower right corner of the screen.
    5. Type the email address and the password in that.
    6. Mark on Set this account as the default mail account as per your preference.
    7. Click on finish button to finalize the process.

You may also get this problem if you are using an outdated version of Windows Live Mail or you may have not configured your account properly. First you can try to reconfigure your account as suggested above and see if that works or not. If that does not work in your case then you can upgrade to the latest version of Windows Live Mail. Upgrading to the latest version of Windows Live Mail has solved many such cases and I hope that it will solve the issue for you also. You can click on below link to Upgrade to the latest version of Windows Live Mail and it will redirect you to the page from where you will be able to upgrade it.
    Upgrade to the latest version of Windows Live

Do you have any anti-virus software on your system? I am asking that because that also may be the problem for that. If you have any anti-virus software installed in your machine then just disables the email scanning option and try to send the email to any contact and see the result. If that solve the issue then it is OK and if that does not solve the problem then you can Contact the support group or you can go to the help section of your software for assistance. You can also switch to other anti-virus if possible and see whether the issue remains or not. There are more chances that it is the server error but you can give a chance to it.

This is very simple to solve the issue. All you have to do is just delete the Windows Live Mail from the Registry and you will get the issue solved. Press Start button and hit the Run and type “regedit” in that. Press enter and this will open a new Window for the registry editor. Follow the link “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail”. If you do this then it will delete some of the files and settings from your computer so it is risky so it is recommended that if you are not a IT professional then you should not try this. If you want to try this then make sure that there is any person who has good knowledge of computers then only try to do this. Good Luck!!!

sad Re: error code 0x80048849

My problem is that I get this error code sometimes, other times it downloads emails with no problem. It always defaults when I first switch on but during the day somehow it connects correctly. I have tried everything on the microsoft site. I NEVER have a problem with my other 2 email addresses - Orange & Nordnet. I use Google Chrome, Microsoft Essentials viral protection, & Comodo firewall.

How can it be that Microsoft cannot make their own products work correctly with each other. I'm just thankful they don't make cars!

I'm reluctant to go altering the registry & is this guaranteed to work?

Can anyone help.

Hi Rob France,

It is not so hard to alter with registry if you follow the correct steps, as you just have to delete the below Windows Live Mail from the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

Or you can also follow the step by step tips given here.