Thread: Cookies are not saving on maxthon

Cookies are not saving on maxthon

I was previously using internet explorer 9 but since it was quite old and did not allowed customization , my friends told me that he can help me customize things by using maxthon as my base browser , he told me that it was similar to Internet explorer and more on built on the same source code so I downloaded it and installed it and that worked fine for me as it was very good for me. But then there was problem on it; my cookies were no more saving on the browser

Re: Cookies are not saving on maxthon

I think that is more an installation problem as browser by default allow every user to save cookies on it browser as it makes the surfing and navigation quite easy and it also improves the speed of the browser by stored some commonly used sites. So I suggest you to re-install it as you still does not have any important data stored on it more on that would also solve any future problem that might occur on it. That should solve your problem as it not a bug .

I already tried re-installing it but that does seem to work, an it’s not a bug in the browser that is causing this problem as my friend is using the same browser and even the same version, I think it is a problem with the system that I am using it on windows which it supports natively. Every time when I try to open the browser it clear all the cookies that were previously stored .Any help on why this is happening.

This could be triggered through the setting s that you created for the customization of the browser; it is quite possible that you have choose an option of clearing the history or cookies every time you close your browser. This could be done by you knowingly try goes to settings and then see of you have set such settings if yes then undo them and your problem would be immediately solved. If it still does not then please post back.

Yes this could be a problem,, you might have set it to clear when browser closes , also try pressing ctrl +alt+ H when your maxthon is open this would open a history sidebar , which display your history this shows your history see if they are there and then go through the settings to check if you have changed some settings there .but i first strongly suggest you to change the setting s of the browser that your using as that might be of some use after all.

Usually re-install does not help if that is more on a system problem, I also had a similar problem, but in my case the cookies worked for me, I mean some cookies worked for me while other would not , here is a solution for this, try clearing all your cookies using a CCleaner as the helps a lot for newbie’s trying out computer stuff, and then see if the problem persists , in my case my problem would be solved , but after a few days it again appeared so I have to again clear cookies , but I think that is a drawback of this browser .

Another time my Maxthon3 started to erase each and every cookie on close of the browser even although I do not have it deposit this technique. Every occasion I begin Maxthon, I have to login in all places and it thoroughly sucks. I had this impenetrability in the past and resolved it by a fresh reinstall however I am not going to do that any longer for the reason that it would most likely only be coming up for when this take place another time.

at the moment I have to make a decision which browser to make use of. I cherished Maxthon2 however it have happen to almost unfeasible for me lately owing to numerous reasons.
    The obsession that actually make me depressing is with the purpose of Maxthon has completely no support; no one seems to be concerned regarding users' troubles. I be acquainted by means of it's free but then I deserve some help on this .