Thread: Is it possible to use Google Voice and YouMail for Voicemail on Android Phone?

Is it possible to use Google Voice and YouMail for Voicemail on Android Phone?

From past couple of days I was using the YouMail for the purpose of VoiceMail and I am really happy with the same. Recently I have created a Google Voice number for the purpose of the job hunting for the work related phone calls. I wanted to know whether there is anyway which I can use YouMail for the personal voicemail coming into the sprint number and Google Voice for the official purpose. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Is it possible to use Google Voice and YouMail for Voicemail on Android Phone?

Well according to me you can do the thing which you are looking for over here. You have to point out your Gmail Voice email address to the Youmail. It would capture all the Google Voice Voicemail and it would be sent to the YouMail. In the situation when it is left by the calling the YouMail number. Well you will simply loose the smart greeting from the Google Voice number however you will be able to get the rest of the features of the YouMail.

re: Is it possible to use Google Voice and YouMail for Voicemail on Android Phone?

Looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting following steps which you can use to get the requirement of yours.
    • You have to remove the YouMail and Google Voice and install the YouMaill app on the device of yours.
    • After doing the same you have to sync with the VoiceMail with the special number which you have dial.
    • Now you need to install the Google Voice account on the device and you have to login into the same.
    • Finally you need to click on the link which is stating as ‘activate GV voicemail on this phone.’
    • After doing the same all the work related calls are transferred to the Google Voicemail and private calls are sent to the YouMail voicemail.

I think you have to disable the conditional call forwarding on the Google Voice. Then you should click on the Activate GV voicemail on this phone and then you have to use the instruction which is provided into the set up. The particular thing which I have told you that the enabling or disabling the conditional forwarding is being dependent on the carrier. There is no need of reinstalling the Google Voice app on the device of yours.

The main thing is that you wanted to do call forwarding on the phone of yours. I am suggesting that you should enter the code into the handset of yours. if you are having the YouMail app on the phone of yours then you have to go for the Help. Here you will see an option called Activate YouMail. You have to simply click on the same and the thing which you are looking for would work nicely for you. You can also have the Google Voice answer and forward the same to the resulting VoiceMail to the YouMail.

I let you know that I have done with the setup which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. I am getting all the work related calls to the Google Voice and personal calls to the YouMail. So far I am not having any issue and I am happy with same. Anyway I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot again for helping me out.