Thread: Empty address bar in Firefox 5.0 after upgrade

Empty address bar in Firefox 5.0 after upgrade

I have just upgraded to Firefox 5 from the Firefox 4, but there seems that there is some error in Firefox 5.0. I first saw this behavior when I first upgraded this and checked that the Google home page but, I was completely shocked to notice that the address bar in the browser was not there and this made me nervous , as there was nothing in the address bar, there are many things that I need to worry about now ,so please help me .

Re: Empty address bar in Firefox 5.0 after upgrade

I have a similar problem on chrome web – browser, whenever I searched anything on the search engines and the select any other site then the address remains emptily throughout all this, I only problem that I had previously, to fix this problem I re-installed it as someone told me that there was an error in downloading the chrome I don ‘t know that if this was a good solution but ,that worked for me , you have a similar problem so this might help you out.

I think you should try entering an address in the url address bar and then seeing if this would work for you.post back if that solved your problem. You could also try restarting your Firefox and see the problem still persists.

I have already tried this and did not worked for me it stays empty even when I browse through different pages on the web .If I forcefully update any url in this then that remains constant on other pages as well and it does not get updates even when I go to different pages. When I relaunch the browser to goes to google home page but the address bar still remains empty.

I had a similar problem but I have not found a perm ant fix for this I have just found a temporary fix for this, so just use it till the bug is identified by the fire fox developers and then wait for them to update this bug in their regular updates that come out every now and then so I suggest you to just open another tab and then press the cltrl + l on your keyboard or any other shortcut that you have set , by default it is this , and then immediately press the esc button and the url would appear on the url address bar that you are using .

Mostly all such problem are caused due to ongoing the interfere with the programs that are running, I suggest you to turn your system on in safe and then check if the problem still persists and this would turn off all the setting s that are currently used . Mostly probably this would work in safe mode as far as I have experienced it . And I won’t tell you to disable the tab as that in no way could change the stuff that is present there.

I strongly recommended you to disable all the extension that you are having and then to open it up one by one and as that would you or make your work easy to identify the application that is giving you problem as there are many extension installed on your system it would take some time to do this but once you get hold of the error, you problem would also get shoved then and there

the safe mode technique just worked for me , there was an extension that was created by the orbit downloader that was what caused the url address bar to the go empty above that the after the removal of the extension that was accidently installed on my web –browser . everything seemed to worked very fine .thanks for the tip that you gave that just worked for me .