Thread: Need help with Babylon 7 after upgrading to Firefox 4

Need help with Babylon 7 after upgrading to Firefox 4

Anyone with Babylon 7 having the similar trouble as I have, after upgrading to Firefox 4? In Babylon, I use the mouse to choose a word you want to interpret. But Firefox 4 does not select everything. Also when I change the configuration of Babylon (for example, use the right mouse button to select a word) nothing is selected. In other applications, the choice of Babylon works as usual, so FF4 must have a compatibility concern. Anyone with same problems? Any solution?

Re: Need help with Babylon 7 after upgrading to Firefox 4

I experience the same problem. Well, I have no solution for it, but I was informed Babylon and asked them to repair or at least contact Mozilla to work together to solve the problem. I will report back if I get a response. Meanwhile, if others have the same problem as here. Well, I prefer to do the same. Post your query ton of Babylon website and you can wait until you provided a solution for it.

Babylon Support told me that at this time it is not compatible with IE9, Chrome and Firefox 10Bet 4. They recommend downgrading browser temporarily. He also said his department is working to develop and make Babylon 9 compatible with IE9, Chrome and Firefox 10 4, and should take about 3-4 weeks. Babylon Company is making adjustments. Only nine of Babylon users and users who purchased Babylon 8 in its grace period, from December 1, 2010 will be eligible for the upgrade. Well, try this. Hope this helps.

Has anyone tried Lingoes? Lingoes basically integrates cursor translator, looking up in dictionaries and intelligent translation by the translator word creative areas. By selecting the word or phrase on screen by the cursor, which will result in up to 23 languages of text into their mother tongue. You can download from the internet and use it. It might be better to wait Babylon. You can try it if possible.

I lastly originate the solution. This problem is also a problem with Google Chrome. The solution is to disable the ClearType feature of your windows, that could solve this problem and now Babylon will be able to read the words of Google Chrome, but unfortunately have to sacrifice some sources without problems. To resolve this problem in Windows XP: Go to: Press the right mouse button, go to Desktop Properties, select Appearance and Effects, select ClearType and finally uncheck the disable. To resolve this trouble in Windows 7: Go to: Click the right mouse button, go to Personalisation, select Display than Alter ClearType text and lastly uncheck the allow ClearType popup window and click the box below to regulate the font appears.

I set up Autohotkey. I was previously using it; this is an absolute, free, very small, and so useful for many applications and wrote this script:
    ^RButton::
    SetTitleMatchMode, 2
    ifWinActive, Mozilla
    {
    send {LButton}{LButton}
    sleep, 100
    send {F10}
    return
    }
    else send ^{RButton}
    Return
    And the problem was solved. Well I would prefer you to try the same. All the best!