Thread: Getting unusual sounds with Firefox 5.

Getting unusual sounds with Firefox 5.

Hi, I had recently purchased a new laptop for my outdoor work. I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser on my old Desktop, but I thought of trying Mozilla Firefox, so I had installed Firefox on my new laptop. And I liked using I but two days back I found a problem with it, I was getting an unusual sound while changing pages. Is this the same with all Firefox users?

Re: Getting unusual sounds with Firefox 5.

Hi even I have a similar problem as yours. I recently switch from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox, and its quite fast and friendly to use, as I made Firefox as my default browser. But while using Firefox even I had noticed some unusual sounds coming from it and that was really annoying me so I wanted to stop that sound coming from my Firefox. Is there any way to stop these sounds?

Can you please let me know as what kind of sound are you getting while using Firefox? Is it a pop-up sound? Or a notification sound? As it may be that the sound that you are getting might be a pop-up sound that usually keeps on popping up while using Firefox. So I would request you to kindly check the sound that you are getting, and if it is a pop-up sound then you will have to set no sound in your pop-up settings.

May I know which version of Firefox are you using on your computer? As even I had a similar problem with my older version of Firefox, but then one of my friend suggested me to update the Firefox version and I tried updating it, and after updating when I checked my Firefox I was no more getting those unusual sounds while using Firefox. Even you can try updating your Firefox version. Hope it works.

Thank you guys for giving your kind replies I appreciate them a lot. I am not able to make out that the unusual sound that I am getting is of pop-up sound or something else, as I even tried to check out what is that sound coming for but was not able to figure it out! And talking about updating the Firefox version I am already using the latest version i.e. Mozilla Firefox 5.0.Is there any other way to stop this unusual sound?

As after going through all posts I think that the problem is causing by NoScript, as NoScript may be changing its default actions by adding an audio sound when a page gets a notification. To avoid this unusual sound
    • Go to NoScript options
    • Then select Notifications and
    • Uncheck "Audio feedback when scripts are blocked".
    This would defiantly solve your problem. Good luck.