Thread: Tabs getting closed in firefox 5

Tabs getting closed in firefox 5

Hi its been just one week since I have switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox and setting it as my default browser. It feels good using Firefox as its quite simple and easy to use. But while using Firefox I found that when I try to close any tab, other tabs gets resize before the cursor leaves the group and this make me annoying. Is there any technique by which I can set it back? Please help me.

Re: Tabs getting closed in firefox 5

Why is this feature annoying you? As I and many of my friends liked this feature very much, as this feature avoids you from accidentally hitting "x" button and closing an open tab which may an important tab that you must be working on. I would suggest you to kindly use this feature for some days, as even you will start liking this feature like me and many other Firefox users.

Hi even I didn’t like this feature on Firefox. Like you even I wanted to get rid of this feature, I tried out many things to get it done but none of them worked so searched about this on internet and found a way that actually worked, after trying that way I was able to disable this feature. You can try this way:
    • Go to configuration and setting
    • Select the option browser.tabs.animate
    Here you can disable this feature.

I think you are using the older version of Mozilla Firefox! As the older version has this feature that resizes the other tab before the cursor leaves the group when you try to close any tab. As even I was facing this problem but it was solved after updating the Firefox version. So I would even suggest you to update the Firefox version and get the latest version. This will probably help you, good luck.

Thank you so much, I tried the way as you said to disable that feature but it didn't help. This feature is irritating me for the reason that I have a habit to manage the tabs from the end i.e. from right to left. I more often use the last tab and close the tabs that are on the left side. And as I manage the tabs from right to left, I need the tabs to be on the left moving towards right side. Is there any way to do this? Please help.

You need to manage with your settings on your Firefox 5. Follow the below settings this would defiantly help, as it did with me.
    • Go to "Tools" at the top bar.
    • Click on "Options"
    • Click on "General"
    • Now click on the drop-down menu and
    • Select "Show my windows and tabs from last time".
    • And restart Firefox.
    Hopefully that works good luck.