Thread: Kaspersky plug-in is not working with Firefox 5

Kaspersky plug-in is not working with Firefox 5

I have recently assembled my computer with all new hardware configurations and I am using windows 7 in my computer. I have installed Kaspersky in my computer and I was able to use Kaspersky plug-in in my Mozilla Firefox browser but after upgrading my Mozilla Firefox browser to new version I am not able to use Kaspersky plug in my Mozilla Firefox browser. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Kaspersky plug-in is not working with Firefox 5

I think you should try to find the plug-in update in your Kaspersky because your old plug-in may not be compatible with new version of Firefox. If you want to use the Kaspersky plug-in with your Mozilla Firefox then you have to update the plug-in according to your Firefox version and after that you will be able to use Kaspersky plug-in in your Firefox.

If you don’t know how to update the plug-ins in your Mozilla Firefox then you can do this by doing following steps.
    • First open the Firefox in your computer and after that click on the Firefox button which you can find on the top left side of window.
    • Now after that you have to click on the add on option and after that you have to click on the plug-in option.
    • After clicking on the plug-in option you will see the list of plug-ins which is currently installed in your browser.
    • Now after doing that you have to select the Find update option and then it will suggest you in what plug-in updates are available.
    • If it is showing that Kaspersky plug-in updates available then click on the update and then restart the browser after update is complete.

Now after doing that you will not face any issue with your Kaspersky plug-in.

I was facing the similar kind of problem with my Mozilla Firefox browser and I was not able to use my AVG toolbar in my browser and after that I have tried to solve this problem In so many ways but I didn’t get any solution after that also. Now after doing that I have also tried to solve this problem by installing Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.5 in my browser and after that it will regularly check about add-ons get updated for upcoming Firefox releases. I hope this trick will be helpful to you.

If you want to install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.5 in your browser then you can do this by going on the official website of the Mozilla Firefox and after that you have to click on the Add on option and after that search for the Add-on Compatibility Reporter by using search box. Now after searching that click on the add to Firefox option and then it will install in your system. I hope after doing that it will prompt you for all the updates.

As you have suggested in your post about installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.5 in my Firefox, I have tried that in my browse and after installing that in my Mozilla Firefox it is notifying me for all the updates but I didn’t get any notification for the Kaspersky plug-in update. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Kaspersky plug-in in my browser bit after that also same problem is coming. Is there any other way to solve this problem then please help me with this?

If you are not getting any notification after installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.5 in your browser then I think Kaspersky has not updated their plug-in for the Mozilla Firefox 5 yet. If you want to know anything more about that then you should try to contact with Kaspersky support and after that you should ask about the Kaspersky support. I think they will update their plug-in very soon.