Thread: Mozilla Firefox 5 is not downloading email

Mozilla Firefox 5 is not downloading email

Since Wednesday evening I have experienced that the automatic downloading of my emails from my two Yahoo accounts in Thunderbird do not work. However, downloading email from my non-Yahoo email is working. I am unable to find out the problem. I am using Mozilla Firefox 5 web browser on my Mac OS X running MacBook Pro. If anyone has got any information regarding the problem, then please help me by posting your quality replies.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 5 is not downloading email

According to me there is some issue with the Mozilla firefox 5.0 which is installed in your Macbook. I would suggest you to uninstall the Mozilla which is installed in your Macbook pro and clean up all the related files from your laptop. Once done with it, restart your laptop. After restart perform clean installation of Mozilla Firefox 5.0 in your Macbook Pro laptop. Hopefully installing fresh files of Mozilla will be solving your problem.

Hey dude, I have also faced many issues with Mozilla firefox 5.0 in my system. The new Mozilla Firefox 5.0 is showing many problems, not only in Mac OS but also for windows users. It seems to be a problem from the Mozilla side itself, so the only thing which we can do at the moment is wait for the Mozilla officials to check the issue and solve them. Most probably you will have to wait for Mozilla to release new updates which might be containing a fix to this issues.

The best solution which worked for me is checking the yahoo settings. I would suggest you to do the same. Just, visit your yahoo account and check out for any settings which you find to be little suspicious and might be the reason behind the issue you are facing in your Macbook Pro laptop. The issue can either be from the Yahoo side, mostly some kind of your yahoo account settings or the issue wmight be with the web browser you are using.

Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate them. One thing which I am sure about is that there is no problem with the yahoo as I am able to sent and receive mails to my blackberry mobile like always. The problem started occurring only after I installed the new Firefox 5.0 in my system. Still I am confused and the problem is not solved. I am finding myself in the same situation now also. Please guys, help me. Provide me with more suggestions.

All the users need to change the POP and the SMTP address as follow: Users from India should change the POP and the SMTP address as pop.mail.yahoo.in and smtp.mail.yahoo.in respectively. What you need to do is just erase the .com at the end of the default value and change it to the .country_code (In the abouve discussed case it it .in for INDIA). Make sure that you are not changing the port and the SSL connetion.

I am not sure whether this would actually prove to be a helpful solution, but i would definitely suggest you nto try using some other web broswer instead of the new Mozilla Firefox 5.0. It seems to be having lots of issue with your system as well as many others also. try using Google Chrom or Opera as they are among the best Web browser which i have come across in recent times. Search for the setup on INternet and install it in your system.

Hey everyone, whoever faced the problem, Good NEWS!! The problem has apparently got resolved. I am not sure from which side the problem was occurring and who made the necessary changes to solve the issue, but I am very happy that the problem is finally fixed. I just duplicated my email account by going to File > new mail account > duplicate the information you need to copy to the new account (this setting is under Tools > account settings.) I just followed these few steps and everything is normal. I am able to download all the mails of the last 30 days.