Thread: Mozilla Firefox GUI won’t change after updating to latest version

Mozilla Firefox GUI won’t change after updating to latest version

Hey guys last night I updated the Mozilla Firefox web browser to its newest version, i.e. Mozilla Firefox 5.0. I updated the web browser on Firefox’s suggestion, but now I feel that it was a total waste to do so. Because as I have seen in new videos of Mozilla Firefox 5.0, I did not find the GUI of Mozilla installed in my system to look anywhere near to that. What is the problem with the Mozilla? What should I do to stop this problem? Is there any alternative for this issue? Please help.

Re: Mozilla Firefox GUI won’t change after updating to latest version

You may not have downloaded the appropriate configuration of a link, because I'm trying the same Mozilla Firefox 5 and seems to work pretty well on my system and I am able to add almost all the addons I've tried so far. I recommend you go to the official website of Mozilla Firefox and download the correct setup file for the Mozilla Firefox web browser 5.0. Download the installation file on your system. Make sure that you are downloading the file for the Operating System which your are running in your system. Finally install the browser on your system.

I also faced this issue and it was happening because I had installed the beta version of Mozilla Firefox 5.0 in my system. The beta version had some problems with it and it is missing many of the features. So, I would suggest you to first remove the beta version of Mozilla Firefox which is installed in your computer and then reinstall the full version of Mozilla Firefox 5.0. You can find the download link for the same on Internet. The full version will surely be having all the features.

If you have updated through the Mozilla browser itself, it is likely that the browser retained the look and the toolbar which were situated in your profile. However, you should check if you know exactly which version is installed. You can do that through "Help> About Firefox". But I expect if you installed the browser just now with a new profile then the Mozilla Firefox 5.0 browser would look as it is shown in promo videos. You can customize and configure the standard GUI of the browser.

I think this is some kind of infection in your PC, which why you are not getting the proper GUI for your Mozilla Firefox 5.0. According to me this might be some kind of Virus infection in your system. So, I would recommend you to first make sure that you have installed a good working antivirus in your system. Make sure that you kept your antivirus updated. An updated antivirus will make sure that you don’t face any virus attack.

According to me you are using Windows XP Operating System. I would like to remind you that the orange button of the Mozilla Firefox web browser won’t be available in Windows XP operating system. But if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 Operating System then you will be able to see this orange button. You can enable and disable this button on your choice. What you need to do is Right-click a blank area on the tab strip and de-select Menu Bar.

Oh ok!! So now got to know, why I was unable to find any difference between the older version of Mozilla Firefox which I had used in the past and the new Mozilla Firefox 5.0 which I recently installed. I am using Windows XP Operating System and the browser doesn’t seems to be having much changes in the GUI of Mozilla Firefox for Windows XP user. So, all in all, thank you guys for your guidance. I really appreciate one and everyone’s effort.