Thread: Where’s file downloaded by IE stored?

Where’s file downloaded by IE stored?

Hello guys new to computer world and don’t know some basic stuffs and need some help form you guys hope you all help me? Ok so I have downloaded a file from internet by using the internet explorer and now I don’t know how to go to that file I don’t know where is has been saved I have been searching it in all my drives but I dint found it I know it’s a silly question but may be for you all not for me just help me please?

Well the easiest way to find it is by using Windows Search

But IE should remember which directory you last saved something in and everytime you DL something,it will be put there... (It creates a reg key pointing to the folder)

Good luck

Re: Where’s file downloaded by IE stored?

Ok friends not a problem any questions can be asked no questions are silly anyways talking on the part of your question I don’t think internet explorer had any direct option by which you can go to the downloaded file you have to follow a simple steps they are go to start button on extreme left of your window screen and then go to document and my document there you would see downloads folder you can get the downloaded file over there hope you got it.

Yes this is the way to get the file I think you must have got it if you would have followed this steps but still just for a description in detail I would like to tell you that this download folder is the default folder for all the downloading files from any browser and this file is in documents and my documents well its actually in c drive and in the folder of your computer name you can check this out to this would help you to in other way around and make your concept clear hope I helped you out to.

Well thanks guys I to had a problem in searching this but was bit confused that should I sue the forum support to help myself for such question or no but with some one less my problem got solved to and both the suggestions had definitely helped us out thanks and your comments are been appreciated and we hope you all keep helping us for any such problems and yes in other browser’s like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox I have found the option saying download and in Mozilla that popup stays there and by its help we can directly use the file.

Well this is nice I have a more low steps solution for this and I know the problem must have solved after those solution’s but I want to share so that you new guys can learn more of the stuffs over here and be completely fine with these things so what my suggestion says is go to the start button on bottom left of your screen and then go to run and then in that type the name of the file this run would start searching for this program and would display it to you in fraction of second and then you can just click on it and it.