Thread: IE History not saving records properly.

IE History not saving records properly.

I am facing a difficulty with my history in IE. My version is 9 of the same. Now the issue is that it is not saving the history I mean the web pages properly instead it is storing the record of the files I have in my computer. Strange to hear but it is true. I have not altered the settings in it and the changes happened automatically. And I am not finding any solution regarding the same. Can anyone of you help me out to solve the problem?

Re: IE History not saving records properly.

Yes very strange to hear this. I have not come across this type of problem every. But as you are telling that you have not altered the settings then I must say that someone has done something to your system in your absence. And if it is not so then you are being attacked by the virus and you need to clean up your computer. Run some good antivirus and get the bugs out of your computer which are causing harm to your computer.

You can just do the reset of your internet explorer 9. And your problem will be solved. Because it sounds like a virus attack. So use nice antivirus and then perform the reset. On doing the reset your IE will work as it was before. And keep on updating the antivirus from time to time. So hope so your problem has been solved and you would be using the internet without any issues now. Thank you.

The above solution seems to be simple steps to get the issue solved and I bet that it will not give you any guaranty that your problem will be solved. So I have got something better for you. If the above answers do not work then you should go for the System Restore. And roll back to that date when your system was working fine. As simple as anything. For more information regarding it then you should search it on the internet.

Yes you have a very strange problem and it would be interesting to solve it. As per your symptoms it looks like that you have some serious virus attack. And your antivirus is unable to find it. Because many of the viruses now a day’s attack the system as well the searching system of your antivirus and result in system harm but no virus result. So I advise you to download Malwarebytes and run the scan once. It will catch hold of the entire virus.

Yes it looks like because of the virus some internal coding has been altered and this is causing the problem. So why don’t you go for the reinstallation of the Internet explorer 9. And there are many more different browsers available such as chrome, safari etc you can go for it as they are also good for browsing. Reinstalling the explorer will result in removing the old settings and installing the new settings