Thread: How to show hidden web clipboard extension buttons in Google Chrome

How to show hidden web clipboard extension buttons in Google Chrome

Hello guys, I recently ran into little problem while using my Google Chrome’s web browser. Don’t know how and when I accidentally ended up hiding the button for the web clipboard extension. I am unable to undo what I did. Neither can I find any buttons which can restore the Chrome browser back to its earlier state. I can’t find any “Show Button” link for the Web clipboard extension unlike other buttons on the extensions page. Does anyone know how I can undo the changes and unhide the clipboard extensions manually?

Re: How to show hidden web clipboard extension buttons in Google Chrome

Sorry to say this dude, but there is so unhide button for web clipboard extensions in Google Chrome web browser. Normally such kind of unhide or restore buttons are available by I am unable to find any such thing in Google Chrome. I tried looking for more technical support on Internet and the Help files for Google Chrome but was unable to find any Show/Hide button to change the state of web clipboard manually. So, unfortunately you won’t be able to get the lost clipboard extensions back.

I would recommend you to perform System Restore. System restore is one good solution which can roll back your system to any past state (instance). If you are using Windows system then, just go to the following path: Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. And now select the system restore point as per your choice, which you think can restore your system back to the instance when the clipboard extensions were visible. Follow the on-screen instructions and restore your system. Restart your system when prompted for.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Google Chrome web browser from your system and get rid of it completely. I would rather recommend you to install some other web browser like the Internet Browser or the Mozilla Firefox. They have got better features then the Google Chrome and are much faster browser then the Chrome. Anyways you can’t undo the changes which you recently made in your Chrome browser, thus opting for another web browser is a better option.

If you are unable to find the restore button or hide/unhide button for the web clipboard extension then it would be better to reinstall the latest version of Google Chrome rather than installing some other web browser and completely discarding this amazing web browser. Uninstall the Google Chrome from your system and remove all the related files and then download the latest setup for Google Chrome and install it in your system. Once you have installed the Chrome, reboot your system and start the Chrome browser you will see all the default settings and get back your web clipboard extensions.

Thank you for your post guys. As you said that there is no other way to get back those web clipboards other than by uninstalling Google Chrome from my system and again reinstalling the latest one, I did exactly as you asked me to. I removed the current version of Chrome browser and installed the latest available one. Luckily it solved my issue. I seriously feel that Google must look upon this issue and get it resolved by providing a restore button or hide/unhide button. It will be annoying to uninstall/install again and again, everytime we end up hiding some or other links.

To unhide a button: Click on the wrench icon (upper right corner of Chrome) and go to Tools-->Extensions. Scroll down to your extension and click on the "Show Button" link.