Thread: Data usage between Android vs. IPhone

Data usage between Android vs. IPhone

I was previously having my iPhone and I exchanged it with the Samsung captivate. It is been 6 months I am using the Samsung phone and I have seen that from past 6 months I was using the data plans and it was approximately 275 Mb per month. But when I was having my iPhone I had got the same data plans for it but there I was having only 30-40 MB of data usage per month. Can anyone tell me why the android is using more data usage than iPhone?

Re: Data usage between Android vs. IPhone

According to the study conducted, it seems that a Verizon user who uses smartphones consumes more data usage more than 25% of what the AT&T users are using. Due to the high data usage by the Verizon, it has seen that many people are switching to iPhone. If you see the Nelson study, then you will find that the Android users use much more data usage than the iPhone users. I seem that 582 MBs is used by the Android users on an average compared to the 491 MB for the iphone users.

I have also seen that many of the users saying that android are taking more data usage than iPhone. It seems that you are having much more data usage in your android phone. If you are finding this issue very frequent then try to contact the service provider. As sometimes there might be a network problem that can cause you the more data usage than in normal. So contact your service provider if they have any issues or not.

If you are having any of the wifi spots then try to save them in the normal. I am having the data usage plan of 200MBs / month. I have seen that I am almost using around 180 MBs per month. I am having a wifi and try to use it as much as I can do it. I have also made the wifi hotspots that I am using and have saved to the different places as school, work and home. So it will help you to reduce the data usage of the service provider of your phone.