Thread: Maximizing the viewing area in Firefox 4 using ubuntu

Maximizing the viewing area in Firefox 4 using ubuntu

I’m new with ubuntu Linux operating system. Mozilla Firefox and launch a new beta version so I had downloaded and install it on my pc. But I think the screen is too small the taskbar and toolbar is taking a lot of space and thus minimizing the viewing area in it so does anyone know how to increase the viewing area as due to those toolbar almost most of the viewing area is covered and even it is slowing down the browser.

Re: Maximizing the viewing area in Firefox 4 using ubuntu

According to me if you just using the browser then its better you remove your title bar which only have three button of min, max and close you can easily remove the title bar from your browser by clicking on system and then go to preferences in that click on CompizConfig Settings Manager in that you will get Window Decoration change the setting to any &! (Class=Firefox & state=maxvert) after doing this you need to use shortcut key to close minimize and maximize your browser window.

You can even hide your menu bar to increase your viewing area. For this you just need to go to Firefox then click on edit in the you will get preferences in that you will see the option unchecked menu bar after doing this your menu bar will get fold into single button which is located at the side of the tabs button. You can even hide the tabs for that go to preferences which are in edit then click on tabs on top this will move tabs at the top of the screen like a Google chrome.

If you want bookmarks in your browser to access the site easily you can keep It but bookmark toolbar take lots of space you can minimize the space by following some simple steps. Open Firefox then go to preferences in that select Check Bookmarks Toolbar if it is not checked then check it. Then search for toolbar layout and then go to drag the Bookmarks Toolbar Buttons. This will minimize it size and leave the bookmark name field blank.

If you’re using only one tab then you can use this to increase the size just click on Firefox button located on top left hand side then go to preferences then in that uncheck the option for always show tab bar this will remove the bar of your tab. After this you are only able to access the Firefox tab by this about 6.3% of your viewing space will be increased. You can even do more depend on your recruitment of the toolbar.