Thread: Will Mozilla Firefox would be back ported to Lucid 10.04?

Will Mozilla Firefox would be back ported to Lucid 10.04?

As the title suggesting itself what I wanted to ask over here in this particular. I am looking to have Firefox 4 back ported on the Lucid 10.04. Let me know if it is possible then how can I get same? Feel free if you are having any speculation on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will Mozilla Firefox would be back ported to Lucid 10.04?

If you are wanted to Mozilla Firefox 4.0 then I think you need to visit the official website. I let you know that this particular browser is available for free. So you can download the browser on the computer of yours and install the same on the same on the computer of yours. Let me know whether the browser which you have installed on the system is working or not. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I am suggesting following command which would be useful to back port the browser on the system of yours. You should copy and paste the above mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    after using the same you should restart the computer of yours and let me know whether its was helpful to you or not.

Let me know whether the suggestion which is mentioned over here is working or not. If it is not working for you then you have to download the Mozilla stable ppa from the official website. You should download the same from the official website and install the same on the computer of yours. I am sure that you will be able to get the requirement of yours after installing the Mozilla stable ppa on the computer of yours.

Well I wanted to say thanks to all the guys who have replied with me possible solutions over here. After using the command which you have provided over here I have successfully back ported the browser on the computer of mine. I really wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of yours. any way thanks a lot for helping me out over here.